1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Book on Rick Warren Coming Out

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Marcia, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Dr. Bob, I think you are unfairly attributing bad motives to the author of this book, Richard Abanes. I do think he will do a fair job. As far as I know, he has no axe to grind with Rick Warren. Also, I doubt he will condemn PDL for making money when pretty much everyone knows that Warren is not getting the money from PDL.

2. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

My understanding is that he is getting the money from PDL. He started a foundation and is giving 90% to it. That means Warren is pocketing 4 to 7 million dollars, depending on how much he makes in royalties per book.

Warren is making the claim that he has paid back his church every penny they ever paid him in salary and is taking no salary now. Why not just give his church all the royalties and continue receiving a salary?

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

You'd have to ask him.

I'm not defending or accusing RW of anything; I'm just saying that it's wrong to attribute bad motives to the writer of this book.

4. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Neither am I. :cool:

I think Rick will handle the money well that God has blessed him with.

5. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Reading the OP, I'm not sure this book is critical of RW & PDL. Sounds more like a defense of Warren and the PDL position to me.

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, it looks at the common criticisms of Warren and PDL and gives Warren a chance to defend himself.