1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New book unravels 'climate confusion'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, May 5, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spencer's latest project is a book called Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor. "A lot of the public are confused about the issue of global warming. They don't know what to believe anymore. They hear anything from, you know, global warming is a hoax to global warming is going to kill us all in ten years," Spencer says.

More Here

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

This globaloney is nothing but another left-wing new age fad that will blow over and we will move on to another imagined crisis.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I'll let the scientists arrive at the best conclusion without politics entering into the debate.

Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-twentieth century, and its projected continuation.

The average global air temperature near the Earth's surface increased 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) during the hundred years ending in 2005.[1] The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concludes "most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-twentieth century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (man-made) greenhouse gas concentrations"[1] via the greenhouse effect. Natural phenomena such as solar variation combined with volcanoes probably had a small warming effect from pre-industrial times to 1950 and a small cooling effect from 1950 onward.[2][3]

These basic conclusions have been endorsed by at least thirty scientific societies and academies of science,[4] including all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries.[5][6][7] While individual scientists have voiced disagreement with some findings of the IPCC,[8] the overwhelming majority of scientists working on climate change agree with the IPCC's main conclusions.[9][10]

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This whole issue is pure politics. And it is false that "the overwhelming majority of scientists working on climate change agree with the IPCC's main conclusions".

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Climate happens.

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

So many posts seem to appear saying that global warming is a myth or a hoax. By far the majority of BB members are in the U.S. I am just wondering if there is a correlation. In other words, is "Global warming is a myth" a widespread belief in the States? Yes, there are some scientists here who believe it is a hoax, but most seem not to. So I am just wondering - is the proportion of America's population believing GW to be a hoax greater than the proportion of the U.K.'s, or any other country's? I don't know how we could find out.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me the more important issue is not whether GW is true or not, but the "cause" -- if it is true.

When I see some yo-yo wanting to sell carbon credits to "lessen" the effects of CO2, then I see $ signs and power, not a critical issue!