1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Chick Tract for June

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by mozier, Jun 10, 2003.

1. mozier

mozier New Member

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Boy, the pope in that tract looks awful familiar. Only about 40 years younger. :D :D :D

3. MikeS

MikeS New Member

I just figured out who "Bob" (the one with the mustache) reminds me of! He's the slick gangster nightclub owner in so many '30s/'40s movies.(hooray for '30s/'40s movies! [​IMG] ) The one who carries a silly little gun and causes lots of grief and chases after the heroine before the clean-cut hero (who's always Catholic, I've decided :D ) wins the day and the girl.

I also like how the wrath of God comes in little test tubes. Who'da guessed?!

"THIS IS NO JOKE!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

They need to come out with an animated feature. I guarantee it would play at local university theatres every Friday at the midnight goof show for years and years!

4. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

My Goodness, Where did Jack get that story? From the Holy scriptures that were diligently handed down and protected by the Papal succession of the Catholic Church?

Goodness Gracious, I checked, it's in there!

5. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

I don't normally listen to Hank Hanagraph's show and I am pretty sure he is pre-millenial but last night he had an amillenialist on there who did a pretty bang up job of putting this 20th Century abomination spread as truth that people will not have to undergo suffering of the tribulation. It's a denial of the Cross. "whoever wishes to be my disciple must take up his cross and follow me". Somehow we in America who don't really know suffering and persecution think we are going to be let off the hook because some guy named Jenkins makes 50 mil on a book deal. Yet the Apostles were all persecuted far beyond what we have had to endure. The early Christians suffered through imprisonment and martydom. Watch out America, your day is coming. This Godfare (it has an earthy counterpart called welfare) approach to Jesus never ceases to amaze me. Assured salvatoin and Rapture before the crud hits the fan. The scriptures used to support the pre-trib rapture are incredibly week. Listen to yesterday's program if you like. He's a Protestant.

http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/bible_answer_man/

I will post tonights show tommorrow.

Blessings

6. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Question for Fundamentalists:

In this new Jack Chick Track, near the end, it says that the Jews will be saved with the second coming of Christ. Could you elaborate on what is meant by this?

God bless,

Grant

7. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Isn't it funny how Jack Chick uses his other comic books as source material.

As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroooon. Whatta nincompoop!"

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I wonder how Jack Chick is able to get L Ron Hubbard to write his stuff... :confused:

9. Glen Seeker

Glen Seeker New Member

You silly goose!

Jack Chick is L. Ron Hubbard!

10. mozier

mozier New Member

What I have always liked about Jack Chick's work is just how over-the-top it is.

But what is even better are the subtle things that he puts into his work. If one really looks at them, some of them are beyond hilarious!

Take, for example, the one he just did, entitled "Trapped," or something like that. While the man and his mistress are about to "get it on" in their adultery, there is an angel there recording it all with a video camera! Let me repeat, the angel is recording the entire episode WITH A VIDEO CAMERA! I have to wonder what brand of VCR equipment is used for recording things for the Last Judgment.

Or look at the recent one, posted above. Did you all notice that the Antichrist is actually wearing a cape AND he has a goatee! A cape? A CAPE? And the goatee. Get it? Goatee? Goats? Sheep and Goats?

You have to hand it to Jack Chick. Sometimes, he really outdoes himself.

mozier