1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Conservative Baptist Network

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rlvaughn, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very true - and often people will use certain terms to make something sound nice.
    If in doubt -I have no problem asking people exactly what they mean.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh terms used that are created by people with specific agendas do not change just because you want to use it differently. Social justice is not found in scripture. Co-opting worldly terms in such a manner blurrs the lines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Social justice terminology is just hi jacking by some to get white folks like me to pay them back for slavery ,to get shamed. and to no longer be"in charge and in control" whatever that means!

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Social Justice is a marxist term, not a Christian term. As noted by others above, it deals with reparations for slavery, inclusion into the church and ministry of LBGTQ, ending of white privilege, redistribution of wealth so that all have an equal amount, except for the leadership of course, and so forth. The Christian term and the American term is Justice for all. Don't let the marxists dazzle you with language as they have nothing to do with love your neighbor but everything to do with identity politics. Christianity teaches that there is no such thing as race as all men are descended from Adam and Eve and Noah and his wife, whom the Jews say was named Emzara, meaning mother of Sarah. What the Darwinist and the nazis and the politicians have called race is just melanin, a very minor and meaningless genetic indicator.

5. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not how I want to use the terms. The issue is how God uses not just the terms but the larger idea. I realize that "social justice" is Marxist code for their evil agenda. And, yes, Marxism is evil.

To the extent that the church promotes political and national mechanisms in its bylaws and self-definition to that extant they are stifling their God-intended purpose. Our kingdom is not of this world. The best way for us to truly impact the world is for us to be salt and light, individually and corporately. That means, of course, witnessing, discipling, and equipping saints. It also means doing what - in the suspicious sites of some - seems like Marxism - Social justice.

Besides all this, why is there even a need for those two items? If the church would stick to teaching the Bible the true members of the Church would instinctively do those things. No mandate is needed.

The issue of patriotism is also not needed. A true Christian, in a church that preaches the Word, should understand the very real, but limited, obligation he has to his country. Give unto Caesar the things due to him. But too many pastors are treating patriotism - American patriotism, to be exact - as part of Gods Word. It is not. Not only does this dilute the message we should be telling, it alienates American Christians from the much larger body of Christians throughout the world, brothers and sisters who have a conflicting sense of what patriotism is for them.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you hate your country and scheme against it, you should find a country that you like. Patriotism is a Christian virtue. Nations were established by God as were governments. The social justice warriors seek to rule the churches from within by their political agenda aligned with marxism and other leftist political ideas. We see this at work in denominations such as the Protestant Episcopalian and Presbyterian Church of America, for example. The SBC has given almost de facto control to the social justice warriors under the leadership of Greear and Moore. So the problem is that the marxist element is winning inside the churches and the SBC. The SBC did the right thing by shutting down their bookstores in the USA; now the SBC should shut down their political lobby in Washington DC and their open assistance to cheap labor.

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I had a good chuckle over this. Thanks. Maybe I even twirled my mustache.

Seriously, I love my country. I just wish it would get back to what it was originally intended to be.

If patriotism is a Christian virtue then you should be able to tell me where this is in the Bible.

Gotta go. I have a clandestine meeting to attend.

8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I may ask, do you have any beliefs on whether Christians can/should hold either partisan or nonpartisan positions in secular governments?

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to amuse you and your better half. You must hate deplorables and incorrigibles. Seriously, are you a Calvinist or a neo-Calvinist?

10. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most definitely.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe in the doctrines of grace and the 5 solas. Calvin has too much baggage for me to go under that name.