1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Evidence for the Authenticity of the Shroud of Turin

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Deadworm, Jul 27, 2018.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So hearsay anecdotal evidence. Got it.

Probably for the same reason I don't hang around Catholic forums. Just not interested in it.

A better question would be--"why are there so few women that post here?" Is it because we're driving them off?

2. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    i believe the shroud and the face napkin kept in Spain are real.... BECAUSE I WANT THEM TO BE REAL.

just the same as the ossuary of James, or the location of the Temple not on the Temple mount.. etc, not to give me faith or even help me to believe what I know from Scriptures but to shut up those who doubt scripture and look for any excuse to deny it.

3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If ppl won’t believe the scriptures, they won’t be convinced by some old dust rag.

4. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep, but we know how it ends all be know Him to be who He said, but I enjoy learning of other evidence outside of scripture

5. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    loDebar, post: "i believe the shroud and the face napkin kept in Spain are real.... BECAUSE I WANT THEM TO BE REAL."

Or you take the next step and transcend wishful thinking by actually watching the posted vides and interacting with my evidence summaries on this thread.

SovereignGrace: "If ppl won’t believe the scriptures, they won’t be convinced by some old dust rag."

Or people can recognize that the Scriptures are embedded in particular cultures and history and that the better these cultures and histories are grasped, the more likely it is that they will find Scripture convincing.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God inspired the scriptures to us by the Holy Spirit, so they alone are trustworthy sources as to what really happened and why!

7. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    i agree, but it strengthens me to be able to show David's Palace or if found, the Temple . Any historical artifacts that show the Bible is true. is good. Not to prove the Bible is true to me but unbelievers.

There was a seal from Jeremiah's time found recently that had the name of man who help the prophet out of the dungeon well, as the Bible said.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God indeed has given hostorical evidence for the history recorded in the Bible, but the evidence for the resurrection is not on the Shroud, but in His book!

9. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    but it would be nice if there was other evidence, too

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need for any other than the scripturss though!