1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New from Alberta

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Squire Robertsson, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your church had 150 members - and if the Chinese Virus was 100% fatal - your church is not demanding that you must attend. I'm sure that you would choose NOT to attend. But why should those who wish to attend, be prohibited from doing so? Americans take their freedom very seriously.
    Last year our church did close for a few weeks - since there were so many unknowns - and many in our church had physical conditions that could be cause additional medical conditions. Once things started to pan out - Our County Executive came out and stated that he did not care what the Governor said - but he had no problem with churches meeting - provided that take reasonable measures. (usually the best govt is local givt) So we re-opened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cause of Christ is never irresponsible and is always reckless and dangerous.

Yes indeed, anytime. And yes, if his congregation chose to meet together and if the virus was 100% fatal then that would not be a problem. Jesus the Christ said "If you lose your life for MY sake then you will have saved it"

I have 0 fear of death because of Christ. Death is nothing more than a shortcut to the Heaven. I live to toil on this Earth with pain and suffering and to spread God's Word through my 'conversation' and outright Gospel sharing. If He calls me home when I'm young then I couldn't ask for a better gift for I long to be with my Lord.

My Church's Christian testimony (and Artur's too) to worship the Lord, who bought me with His blood, regardless of risk to life or even property will earn us crowns in Heaven and we will happily throw them at the feet of Christ who made it possible to have no fear by indwelling us with the Holy Spirit and gifting us eternal life.

This is a song I sing to my children. Many Christians should heed its message!
    "I am a poor wayfaring stranger
    traveling through this world below.
    There's no sickness, toil nor danger
    in that bright world to which I go.

I'm going there to see my mother
    She said she'd meet me when I come
    I'm only going over Jordan.
    I'm only going over Home.

I know dark clouds will gather o'er me
    I know my way is rough and steep

But golden fields lay out before me
    Where weary eyes shall no more weep

I'm going there to see my father
    And all my loved ones who've gone on
    I'm only going over Jordan
    I'm only going over Home"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The cause of Christ is to break the law and expose people needlessly to the risk of severe illness and death?

Where is that in your Bible?

4. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we're not breaking any laws. The supreme law in the U.S is the Constitution. We are following the law. We are not following Monarchical decrees from man which violate the supreme law of Caesar.

The cause of Christ is to share the Gospel and to do as He commands. God commands the following in the Bible:
    'And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.' Hebrews 10:24-25

If Christians are not meeting together with their Church then they are in sin for they are not sharpening each other as iron against iron. They are quenching the Spirit and searing their conscience. We are even told that as the Day approaches (I.E as things get worse and worse) it's all the MORE important to meet. We are not to hide from pestilence, but meet openly.

I cannot imagine so-called Christians being afraid of a virus with a 99% survival rate, while their brethren deal with far worse pestilence and plague and violence as missionaries in the jungle, in Africa, the Middle East or Asia.

#24 Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From his barrister:

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What % fatal is covid?

One of my favorite movies, "The Day the Earth Stood Still," . Day (month, year, decade) You can't do this. You can't do that. You can't buy/sell this or that? You can't go here or there. You can't be open. You can be open. What % should mandate that? Did we elect these people for that purpose? To tell the electors what they can and can not do? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%% WHAT %?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure what your point is.

Sometimes reality imposes limits on what we can do. You guys seem to debate this issue as though your "freedom" were the only consideration. That is a highly idealistic, unrealistic way to act in the world. We are in a pandemic - hundreds of thousands of people are dead in your country (assuming you are an American). So what if your chances of surviving covid are 99 in 100 - people would never get on airplane, for example, if their chances were only 99%.

This whole 99% argument is deceiving - it seems like a high survival rate. But you have a greater chance of dying from Covid than dying doing wingsuit flying; however, only an extreme daredevil would go wingsuit flying.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wise words from so young a man. I’m guessing you were raised right, heh. In my case I have a Grandmother to thank, although I never thanked her for her invaluable teaching just by the way she lived, in her lifetime, I have thought much about it since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOT a Canadian, thank the Lord!

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a nation has not God that nation must fall, but if a nation has God then all the powers of evil, and all the armies, cannot shake its foundations; no, not even if the whole world is arrayed against it.

12. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazing how many sheeple fall for the message of fear and are ready to give all in exchange for safety(??)!
    How many will look back in 2,3,4 years and say "How did we get to this point with such a tyrannical gov't?"
    Slippery slope friends, slippery slope.
    Mock it, ridicule it, laugh at it, ignore it, IT IS A REALITY! Remember years ago when the queers started crying for "equal rights"? That's all they wanted, just to be EQUAL to everybody else.
    Well, we've seen the results of that SLIPPERY SLOPE - that was warned of by most conservatives and mocked by the left!
    First, all needed to control covid was "let's flatten the curve." Where are we now?????????????????
    Anybody that can't see GOVERNMENT CONTROL of our lives in the balance has their head where the sun doesn't shine, & once they succeed only massive resistance will restore our freedoms -- if there are enough left who haven't sold their soul to the gov't for the freebies!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree

15. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depending on raw statistics and estimates that include as much as a +200% number added to the confirmed tested cases ( which factors in asymptomatic and non-tested cases ), approximately .3-.5 %.
    That's a 99.5% to 99.7% survivability rate.

Depending upon the actual positively-tested cases versus positively-confirmed death case rate, it currently stands at a 97.97% survival rate, worldwide...or a roughly 2% chance of dying from it, if contracted.

COVID Live Update: 237,513,240 Cases and 4,848,556 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer

Canada's death rate is a bit lower than the United States, standing at a 1.7% death rate based on confirmed cases versus confirmed deaths.

Canada COVID: 1,651,233 Cases and 28,141 Deaths - Worldometer

#35 Dave G, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  16. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Andre and @Silverhair,

Just want a bit of clarification on the status of the various vaccines?

Are they available, and are they being required?

I have visited in Canada only once years ago and traveled from Montreal to Niagara. Stunningly beautiful drive, although I was not aware of the size of Toronto.

We considered retiring in Canada, but just couldn’t give up Texas.

19. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In light of the videos, I posted in numbers 36 and 37 above. It's not Pastor Art's actions and wisdom that are my main concern. I and my home church didn't take his position. My main concern is Alberta's seeming overreach. At Easter, it tried to enforce a narrowly written court order on the pastor and his congregation. According to the report in post 37, the Provincial authorities targeted Christian churches for enforcement and left other religious groups alone. Also, in post 37, the judge in the case ordered Pastor Artur to make certain statements when he speaks.