1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New KJV

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Askjo, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Double days are NOT enough! Some scholars, whom I know, studied, researched and examined them for many years, NOT 2 days.
    Well, we have 2 kinds of hermeneutics class, namely naturalistic interpretation method and Consistently Christian interpretation method.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Double days are NOT enough! Some scholars, whom I know, studied, researched and examined them for many years, NOT 2 days.
    Well, we have 2 kinds of hermeneutics class, namely naturalistic interpretation method and Consistently Christian interpretation method.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You still don't get the point. Some people think because they spend many years they have something to brag about. It's not so much how many years you spend but how you spend those years.

Your hermeneutical model needs context added to it instead of proof texting to try and convince someone.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Daniel B. Wallace , Th.M., Ph.D. does NOT believe God preserved His words. He is a W-H man. </font>[/QUOTE]Have you discussed this with him? Can you document this so all of us can see it for ourselves? I have had personal discussion with Dr. Wallace and the best thing I can say about you is to remember the scripture in its context found in Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates , Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers."

Now I want everyone to notice the documentation you will give us. If you can find some I will believe you.

We are awaiting your response.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Absolutely not! When the NKJV follows the TR, the NKJV has 40% non-TR words. On other hand, the NKJV has 2,000 infected words that God did not preserve. </font>[/QUOTE]Deborah, do not believe this. I have an interlinear TR and the NKJV follows it very accurately. </font>[/QUOTE]Phillip, look at NKJV on James 5:16 saying, "confess your trespasses" instead of "confess your faults" in the KJV.

Faults are NOT the same as trespasses.

"Confessing your trespasses" sounds like ROMAN CATHOLIC doctrine.

On the NKJV you look at the OT - Job 3:8 saying, "leviathan" instead of "mourning" in the KJV. Same meaning?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well, the TR interlinear says "offenses". I guess they are both "catholic" translations by your standards. :D

The literal translation of the Massoretic Text uses the Hebrew for "Leviathan". This is the same book that uses the TR for the NT.

It appears the NKJV is closer to the original manuscripts. Of course, I know what your answer is if the KJV disagrees with the Hebrew. :rolleyes:

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Come on gb when has Askjo ever given actual proof?

Except the KJV says this and nothing else says it (except the Hebrew or Greek) so it must be right!

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Daniel B. Wallace , Th.M., Ph.D. does NOT believe God preserved His words. He is a W-H man. </font>[/QUOTE]Have you discussed this with him? Can you document this so all of us can see it for ourselves? I have had personal discussion with Dr. Wallace and the best thing I can say about you is to remember the scripture in its context found in Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates , Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers."

Now I want everyone to notice the documentation you will give us. If you can find some I will believe you.

We are awaiting your response.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I saw Wallace's website many times. I disagree with him on his website where he posted his comments. He is wrong.

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

GB---What more can you ask for? That answer is clear and concise. It is filled with references and direct quotes from Wallace that prove he does not believe God preserved His Word :rolleyes:

Bro Tony

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

As promised, and since this is really not getting us anywhere - this thread is closed.