1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Masters Online Union University, IMB, NAMB Church Planting

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello to all:

It has just been announced that the International Missions Board, the North American Missions Board, and Union University are teaming up to do a fully online Master of Christian Studies in Church Planting. This is a pilot program but is a purposeful follow up to the Great Commission Resurgence initiated by the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) of late. I thought it might cause a stir and I am very excited about what it may / will impact for the Cause for Christ, for getting the Gospel out both globally and at home, and for the SBC in the days just ahead.

Long title to the post but I thought it necessary.

Here is the link: :smilewinkgrin:

http://www.uu.edu/news/release.cfm?ID=1990

Please notice too that it is only a 33 sem. hr. grad level program.

Let me hear from you. Enjoy!

"That is all!" :thumbsup:

PS, it is interesting to me that the SBC is having conversations (some would say even fights over soteriology) and other denominations are blessing same sex unions and ordaining openly homosexual "clergy." For those who might be fundamentalists and still have some real problems with the SBC, please consider my comparison here.

#1 Rhetorician, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Broadus

Broadus Member

It is intriguing. My only concern is its prerequisites. I read perhaps too quickly the news article and may have missed something. A 33-hour program would need to be built on a solid B.A. in Bible, it seems to me, or else the grad would not possess the biblical and theological foundation necessary to do good pastoral work.

On the other hand, the fact that Union is behind it and Greg Thornbury is integrally involved gives me hope that it will be a good program.