1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New NW Arkansas member here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by John Martel, Aug 26, 2019.

1. John Martel

John Martel New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello all. My name is John, I live in Rogers Ar. I served along side the notable Beasley clan (look up Manley Beasley on you tube if you are unfamiliar with their ministry, excellent stuff) in youth ministry from about 2000 - 2007. In 2007 I went back into the military. With my prior service I am getting close to retirement. I am currently working to finish my bachelors in homeland defense, (Began at Uof Arkansas, to be finished through Excelsior.) After completing this and retiring from military service I plan to become active in local ministry again. I'm not necessarily looking for a career in it at all but would like to pick up a degree or two in it. My buddy Manley 'Chris' Beasley seemed to benefit greatly in his abilitiy to evangelize through his education from Liberty and an assortment of other schools. Since my G.I. Bill will be mostly exhausted when I finish my current degree, cost will be an issue. Right now I am eyeing Nations University or Southwest Bible College and University. I know many people would highly reccommend Nations over SW. SW has been on my radar for about 15 years and I just haven't been able to get them out of my head. Their founding and faculty have strong SBC roots as it appears to me and course listings do not seem to be a 'joke.' Yet I have often heard the refered to as a 'mill.' I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have attended SWBS. Thanks! -John

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, John. Welcome to the Baptist Board. I hope you find it a blessing to you.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. Jec81

Jec81 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which one did you choose?