1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Orleans, The Future?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Sep 4, 2005.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am concerned about tax money to those who build too near a fault. What concerns me more are those people in California who build on unstable hillsides.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In So Cal, there's a fault every 100 feet or so. Every place is probably "too near" a fault for someone. However, the building standards here are quite stringent, and home destruction is comparatively rare. But the're not nonexistent.
    Good point. I remember last year when several Laguna Beach homes were lost in landslides. Some local democrats were opposed to federal emergency money going to "the rich" (some of the homes were million dollar homes or more, completely forgetting that even a cracker box condo goes for 400k. Besides, the last time I checked, the "rich" payed taxes too.