1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New study finds marijuana triples risk of stillbirth

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have 8 children and a wife, who, between them, have had 3 trips to see a doctor, in their 9 entire lives.

Say whatever you want, you have no right to cast dispersions on my people, and our traditional medicines, that keep my family, along with the Great Physician's help, in perfect health.

Please address the issue with the seemingly endless lists of side effects of prescribed drugs, that make the ailment they purport to ease seem welcome.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Show me where I"ve done so, and I'll apologize. However, a careful examination of the thread will prove to you I have done nothing of the sort, limiting my aspersions to marijuana.

3. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Try again.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

That your way of admitting I haven't cast any aspersions? Odd, but workable.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'd wager your success rate of helping people to overcome their addiction is either right at or very near zero if you talk to them like you talk to people here.

You must be a volunteer because nobody in their right mind would pay you to council people by calling them all idiots.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

As far as a the opening post, a lot of things are dangerous during pregnancy. My midwife suggested I use no over the counter medications, as did my doctor.
    There are even foods one should avoid while pregnant.

Coming on here and screaming that marijuana use during pregnancy can cause this problem is...what? Supposed to shock people? You could have listed a number of different things.

As far as nutritional use, hemp seeds are highly nutritious. Go buy some cereal or some oatmeal made with hemp seeds or granola or ...there are lots of things. Lots of omega 3, vitamin E, protein...crazy nutritious.

This is one of the most amazing plants we (oops, the government) has as far as versatility goes. Everything from food to clothes to health. Can't get that with a dandelion. Oh wait, in its own way, yes. Creation - an amazing thing!

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

The only place the word "idiot" or "idiots" is used anywhere on this thread is in your post. You constantly engage in straw-man arguments and statements by attempting to put words in people's mouths, and attempting to cast aspersions of your own. I intend to pray you put an end to such behavior. God bless.
    One, I didn't scream. That would be using all caps. Two, it is proof positive that not only does it cause birth defects when used by either the mother or the father, even at moderate usages, but is a great risk for stillbirth. Those medications you may have been told not to use might do the same thing -- since you didn't list them, I can't be sure -- but this is a thread about marijuana causing stillbirths, which makes this ...
    [​IMG]

8. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

The blinders are supposed to come off, when we are regenerated. Faith in the Creator replaces faith in man, or idols.
    God saw his creation, that it was good.
    And, yes, the omega oils in hemp seed are extremely rich.
    M.j. grows wild, in sandy soil, is very hardy, and a great resource of nutrients, medicines, and textiles.

But to the brainwashed, including those that use "recreational drugs", it is just a gateway "drug", and has no other use.

Native Americans have used this plant for millenia, and in the last 100 years or so, the invaders have misused it, and then banned it.

All God's plants have a place.

Stinging nettles has a medicinal use.

Milkweed root tea treats congestive heart failure.
    Get ANY prescribed CHF drug, and see if it has zero negative side effects.

White pine bark can be eaten, it has a layer of B vitamins attatched to it. The needles are high in vitamin C.
    Ripest in the dead of winter. When we are out of fresh veggies and fruit in the North.

God is good.

9. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

When you are advocating for the ban of a plant, because it is potentially dangerous, discussing its value as a food or medicine is directly ON TOPIC.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sounds more like you are describing you and your two neocon buddies CMG and the Rev than me. Y'all are the ones that use those tactics. But don't stop. It's amusing to watch y'all undermine your own credibility.

Pregnant women shouldn't smoke pot or use alcohol that's what we in the real world call a "no brainer" but according to your big pharma "experts" pregnant women should get all the vaccines and flu shots big pharma can produce. Nevermind the mold and mercury in them it's good for your pre born child. Then if the child is born shoot it up with a whole series of big pharma produced vaccines that suppress God's gift of a healthy immune system.

CHA CHING $$$!

#50 poncho, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  11. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank God I married an unpoluted woman. My wife and kids are rarely sick. Im the only one who used to be, but since it has been 20 years since my last shot, I'm slowly getting better.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Guys like TND love to pretend they are concerned about the negative effects of MJ and are always posting "new studies" underwritten by big pharma companies that make billions in profit producing and selling drugs that are way more harmful to humans and the environment than the plants and herbs God created for our benefit.

Freedom to choose what we put into our own bodies is what people like TND fear most. They all talk up freedom like it is the best thing since sliced bread but when it comes right down to it most of the policies they champion limit our freedom, gives the state more control over our lives and profits the big companies that sell poison as medicine.

They'll rail against "liberals" that are always telling us we are all to stupid to make our own decisions in our personal lives then turn right around and preach the same sermon to us.

#52 poncho, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL, TND, as far as the OP, all you did was make a statement.

You happened to pick one thing out, one thing that you've bought into the government mindset of, and chosen to try to promote their agenda on. Now you're upset when not everyone buys it and want us to stick to the topic.

You have no topic. You made a statement about pregnant woman regularly using marijuana. Were we supposed to fall over in shock at the news? What do you want to discuss about this? I'm pretty sure there aren't any pregnant woman on this board going nuts with the marijuana usage, but if there are and your intention was to stop them, good job, I suppose? Hope it worked?

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think the topic of this thread as any other thread TND starts is agree with him or you're either a liberal or idiot or an idiotic liberal. And you probably hate America too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.