1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Youtube Channel

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by LandBetween2Rivers, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LandBetween2Rivers

LandBetween2Rivers New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey guys!

I just started a new Youtube channel, and I hope and plan to post biblical content for advancing the kingdom of heaven! I hope this isn't considered spam, but here is my first video on the William Collins' Baptist Catechism. There isn't any audio (I hope I will in the future add audio). Great teaching tool, please check it out and if you would please subscribe and/or recommend some ideas there!

A Baptist Catechism

• Like Like x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two things regarding God. 1) God's identity should be first - He is the Uncaused Existence. His Hebrew Name can be traslated as the "self Existent one." God being invisible and omnipresent.
    2) Genuine Christians actually know God, John 17:3; 1 John 4:7.
    Oh, and a third thing.
    3) And anyone who actually knows God, cannot later not know God.

3. LandBetween2Rivers

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am now beginning a series on learning to sing the Psalms in metrical tunes for your encouragement, learning, and comfort and most of all God's glory. Please check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LandBetween2Rivers

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought those top ten videos were really cool, so I created one that is the top five bible verses that are misused. Now forgive me, when I recorded I was not very enthusiastic as I could have been, but I hope you guys still enjoy it and can be of benefit in some small way.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been here at the BB almost from the day it opened its doors.
    Probably everyone of your verses has been wrestled with.

It was a good presentation - to improve, you could give some time to show folks how that ANY of the promises of God are available to ANY believer given the purposes of God at the present time.

Also parabolic illustration helps:

e.g. Judging one another - righteous (helpful) judgement is allowed -

Those who have the wisdom should judge as a doctor whose motive is healing and not as judge, jury and hangman.

I haven't checked your other videos.

You may get a few who will challenge you just on the content.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LandBetween2Rivers

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I started with something very simple and easy, almost a tester. These are so common I thought might as well make a video about them.

That is a great suggestion, to show how applicable (in the right way) many promises can be for the believer.

I tried to keep the video length pretty short, so there were things I wanted to say but left it out (like explaining "judging" is and how we make judgments every day about everything). You start to lose your audience attention when the dialogue is too long.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but perhaps that could be a good thing (losing audience) depending on the focus of your ministry.
    Has the LORD put babes in Christ on your heart providing them with milk or young men (1 John) or even the fathers of 1 John providing them with meat?

In any case you will lose audience thinning it to the demographic of your focus.

I have prayed He will bless your endeavor.

IMO an in depth study of The Sermon on the Mount is needful for the 21 century.

8. LandBetween2Rivers

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, true!

Really, I want to reach a wide audience all over the demography. I may post some videos here that is aimed at new believers and others for more seasoned believers, as well as draw and sow the good word to anyone who comes across my channel. I begun a Psalms project to encourage Psalm singing, because it is an almost forgotten practice. The Psalms speak in so many diverse ways to the experiences of the Church, that I feel we do well to sing them more frequently with hymns. I created a generated tune (I did originally plan on playing the tunes on piano) with a harp sound to familiarize the viewer with the melody and how to sing along with a particular metrical Psalm from a particular metrical Psalter (I plan to be more diverse with that too).

That's interesting, because I am going through again the Sermon on the Mount in my private studies and I contemplated whether I should have done one with the beatitudes and perhaps continue on from there in other videos, but since I was almost done with this one I decided to finish it.

9. LandBetween2Rivers

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your prayers too! Prayer drives any ministry.