1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newly-Elected DA Vows To Stop Prosecuting Resisting Arrest And 15 Other Crimes

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Dec 6, 2018.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newly-Elected DA Vows To Stop Prosecuting Resisting Arrest And 15 Other Crimes - Blue Lives Matter

Newly-Elected DA Vows To Stop Prosecuting Resisting Arrest And 15 Other Crimes

Suffolk County District Attorney-elect Rachel Rollins has compiled a list of 15 offense she will decline to prosecute.

Boston, MA – When Suffolk County’s district attorney-elect Rachel Rollins takes over the prosecutor’s office in January, criminals will no longer need to worry about being held accountable for many offenses – including resisting arrest.

With rare exception, offenses of shoplifting, trespass, threats, and larceny under $250 will no longer be prosecuted, as well as disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, and “minor driving offenses,” according to the list.

Breaking and entering will not be prosecuted, as long as the perpetrator makes sure the property is vacant. Alternatively, those who commit break-ins of occupied homes because they are cold or tired, but don’t damage anything, will also be in the clear.

Offenders won’t have to worry about going to court over receiving stolen property or underage drinking, and won't be held accountable for wanton or malicious destruction of property, either.

Making threats will also be permitted, with the exception of those related to domestic violence.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As liberal as folks in the Boston area are they aren't that stupid to allow this.
    However the corpses and hospitalized Will have to stack up first.

Rollins to the fox "OK we are letting you into the hen house tonight so you can keep warm, promise you will behave your self".

Fox : "Oh ya, sure, have a nice night"...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder how many cops will look for positions elsewhere!

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure? Isn't this the Willie Horton state?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all about race. Democrats think that the way to keep young black men out of jail is just to decriminalize a lot of the acts that put them there.

None other than Barack Obama is in agreement with all this.

The crime rate will go up, but their solution to that will be to just not report a lot of crimes.

6. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that if some guy threatens to kill me, that's okay, but if he threatens to punch out his girlfriend it will be prosecuted. Gives me a nice warm and fuzzy feeling.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way to wake the DA up might be for someone to break into her house, watch some TV, and eat some of her food.

When she comes home, they can just tell her they were cold and hungry.

If she has anything to say about that, they can threaten her and walk out the door laughing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prediction: The first time the victim of a break-in shoots and kills the perpetrator Rollins will charge that victim with manslaughter.
    Exactly. When W Horton went on to commit violent felonies then there was an uproar because he was given a weekend furlough from his murder conviction sentence in Massachusetts.

He did not return from his furlough, fled the state and ultimately committed assault, armed robbery and rape.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the OP: "With rare exception, offenses of shoplifting, trespass, threats, and larceny under $250 will no longer be prosecuted,"

I suppose the DA would consider this one of those "rare exceptions"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No doubt. But not for anyone else except some other democrat elite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't seem to have learned anything since that time. Amazing. Perhaps this will be a turning point, but I'll believe that when I see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not one thing. This DA's motivations were to drive the rates blacks commit crimes down, reminds me of when Broward County stopped reporting troubled students because so many were minorities. That led to that high school shooter and his murderous rampage.

"Rare exceptions" means if it happens to one of the elite - this is like sanctuary cities as well, they just decide what and when to enforce the law, and that's whenever they say it is. If I had a business or property in Suffolk, I'd leave thanks to the nitwits that voted this SJW in.

• Informative Informative x 1