1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newsweek: Iraq destroyed WMD in late 90s

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Reborn James, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Reborn James

Reborn James New Member

I was reading the latest Newsweek and they had an interesting blurb about the many WMD documents that the military is finding in Iraq.

Apparently, some of the documents date from the late 90s and are from high-level Iraqi officials ordering the destruction of the country's biological and chemical weapons.

This would explain why we can't find any.

He do we reconcile this discovery with the administration's prior certainty that, not only did Iraq possess WMD in massive quantities, but that they instructed their officers to use them against our troops.

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Because Saddam didn't report it in the Massive Report the UN required Iraq to submit and Because Hans Blix couldn't prove it had happened.

This was a Great Global Poker Game and Saddam was bluffing and George W. wasn't.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

And the moon is made of cheese. :rolleyes:

4. InHim2002

InHim2002 New Member

about as likely as WMD being found in Iraq

5. Reborn James

Reborn James New Member

And the moon is made of cheese. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]I don't understand what you are implying.

Are you suggesting that Iraq forged those documents years ago in anticipation of an invasion to look for WMD?

Or are you suggesting that Newsweek is lying?

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The late 90's??? They were ordered 12 years ago to get rid of them. Yes, I think they anticipated an attack. No, I don't think they were destroyed.

7. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Regardless of the disposition of these WMD, which I think are long gone, let's not forget who armed Saddam Hussein to the teeth with them to counter a common perceived enemy in Iran.

Could it be.....The good ole USA?

I remember when Saddam was "our boy". Just like Manuel Noriega, the Shah of Iran, Fidel Castro and other thugs we have gotten into bed with over the years, who then turned on us. When will we ever learn.

8. Reborn James

Reborn James New Member

The late 90's??? They were ordered 12 years ago to get rid of them. Yes, I think they anticipated an attack. No, I don't think they were destroyed. </font>[/QUOTE]So I guess that you are still expecting the military to find WMD?

If so, how much longer can they go without finding WMD before you consider the possibility that they were indeed destroyed? 6 months? A year? Just after the 2004 election?

9. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

So?

What do you do when good old boys turn bad? Let them off the hook because we goofed?

Can't you see this as a reversal of the old policy? We ain't gonna put up with it any more! You get our guns and our aid you are gonna meet the original terms or else!

Pretty simple to me. Hardnose diplomacy.

Go Bush!

10. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

So?

What do you do when good old boys turn bad? Let them off the hook because we goofed?

Can't you see this as a reversal of the old policy? We ain't gonna put up with it any more! You get our guns and our aid you are gonna meet the original terms or else!

Go Bush!
    </font>[/QUOTE]How about this idea? Stop trying to run the world with thugs. We are not concerned about human rights, as long as the oppressors are doing our bidding in some area. They invariably turn against us. Time to learn the USA is not the world's policeman, and using criminal dictators to do our will is not a position worthy of a great nation.

11. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Right.

He had years to demonstrate that he had destroyed the weapons but for what ever reason, he didn't.

He could've kept all of this from happening very easily but he chose to play games instead.

Saddam has no one to blame but Saddam.

12. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

So?

Go Bush!
    </font>[/QUOTE]How about this idea? Stop trying to run the world with thugs. We are not concerned about human rights, as long as the oppressors are doing our bidding in some area. They invariably turn against us. Time to learn the USA is not the world's policeman, and using criminal dictators to do our will is not a position worthy of a great nation.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Who is the World's Policeman if we are not?

If we don't stand in the gap someone else will.

Russia? China? The UN?

I don't think so.