1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NKJV Preface MVO

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by DeclareHim, Aug 22, 2004.

1. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Here is an article found in the preface of the NKJV.

"the mss preferances cited in many contemporary translations of the New Testament are due to recent reliance on a relativity few mss discovered in the 19 and early 20 centuries. Dependence on these mss, especially 2, the Sinaitic and Vatican, is due to the greater age of these documents. However in spite of their age some scholars have to doubt their faithfulness to the autographs since they often disagree with one another and often show other signs of unreliability." NKJV c 1979.

Any thoughts or comments.

1cross+3nails=4given

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Yep. Just a simple observation. Please explain WHY ON EARTH the bunch who published the NKJV would USE the Sinaitic and Vaticanus based on their obvious lack of confidence in them?
    Jim

3. mioque

mioque New Member

"Please explain WHY ON EARTH the bunch who published the NKJV would USE the Sinaitic and Vaticanus based on their obvious lack of confidence in them?"
    ''
    The NKJV-translators didn't use the Sinaitic and Vaticanus. In fact not using them is part of their salespitch.

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Just a simple observation.

Considering the facts, more like a simple imagination.

5. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

The NKJV should be sued and imprisoned for using the KJV initials on something that does not even resemble the KJV.
    It proves that they will do anything for a buck.
    There is a name for that.

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

There is a name for that.

G. A. Riplinger.

7. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

You are weak Ransom and you prove it by attacking people who are not here.
    That has been my observation of MV promoters.
    The men tend to be feminine in their dress and speech while the women appear more manly.
    Just my observation.

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

You flame like a girl.

Now I'm going to start taking my own advice, and not feed the troll.

9. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Don't hit me with your purse Ransom.

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To all - Let's stick with the issue or you will be given a hall pass and sent to the principal's office. [​IMG] [​IMG]

The NKJV uses the same Greek blend of various texts as did the AnglicanVersion in 1611. Their translators did NOT use some of the older texts so that they would truly "be on the same page" as the AV.

Had they changed underlying text, they would have been fraudulent in using the KJV initials.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then what of the major revisions and updates to the KJV that Dr. Sattergood and Dr. Blayney made to the KJV after its original pubication in 1611?

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess this is supposed to be indicative of how non-KJVO's are the divisive ones.

Since you recently started posting (again), you haven't addressed any fact or issue with anything approaching a biblical attitude. All you do is attack people for not agreeing with you.

The poison of asps is quite apparently under your lips.

13. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Wrong, you are just to blinded to see truth.
    So MV's promote blindness and arrogance.
    KJB for me.

14. Orvie

Orvie New Member

You sure like pickles, don't you?
    Nehushtan (2 Kgs 18:4) Pickled Version Sect "If it was good enough for Moses, it's good enough for me"

15. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Which of you will fall in the ditch first? In case you're wondering that has to do with scripture. You know the print inside the bible that you know nothing about because you just bicker versions instead of study but then why would you study because the mv's take the word study out of the verse that tells you to study.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll be glad to help you get out psr.2.

HankD

17. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Well sorry to hear that your eye sight is failing Hank but the blind fall in the ditch following the blind. I have a bible that I know contains the very words of God.
    By your testimony you do not. That's blind.

Might want to keep your mouth closed walking around because you have swallowed a camel.

18. superdave

superdave New Member

LOL, That was funny, Oh, it wasn't meant to be a joke :embarassed: Be careful ransom, my AV says when arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same ;)

Yep, and they replace it with words that the original language manuscripts have, including the TR, or whatever the KJV was translated from.

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, show me some jots and tittles in the books of the law in the KJB. Jesus said they would remain in the Law until heaven and earth pass.

By my testimony, I do, all the jots and tittles perfectly preserved, you in fact do not "If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

Better than a braying donkey.

HankD

20. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Blather from another deceived soul. That is so far from the truth it's pathetic.

You have been talked out of the real word of God by someone. If you trace back the origin you will be sure to find; "yeah hath God said"