1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No, a Vote for a Third Party (or Abstaining from Voting) Is not the Same as a Vote for Hillary

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 5, 2016.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The article in the OP is solid.

No party owns any votes. Frankly, I think we need a strong third party presence in the US.

I've supported third party candidates in the past and will continue to support them in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really wished that we could also vote for a third party in Independent. Which is what I am leaning towards for. But so far, not yet have officially been welcomed!

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The only person out of this past year's crop that I think I could have tried to support is Rand Paul. He might just get the honor of being my 2016 write-in.

I'm still under the impression that Trump is just playing a part like he does on reality tv, which would probably explain why some folks who know him still support him.

Regardless, if a person can be as extremely duplicitous in public as he has come across and then someone completely different behind the scenes, why would anyone then trust him to be President?

Makes me wonder whose idea this was because in listening to him speak, he lacks the brain power to orchestrate and pull off such a plan.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the only alternative is Hilary?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why would another untrustworthy person be the only alternative?

Personally, I still think the establishment has a card up its sleeve. It makes no sense at this point for Paul Ryan to say he's not ready to give his support unless he knows something, or he may just be positioning the establishment to select Trump's VP running mate.

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He certainly doesn't display any great measure of being articulate. But he is a graduate of Wharton Business School, the highest rated business school in the country, so he can't be a complete idiot. (IQ of 156.)

Rather, I suspect he suffers from the same affliction that President George W. Bush suffers from: he just can't speak extemporaneously. (And Bush too is no dummy. BA from Yale, MBA from Harvard Business School, and with a 139 IQ he is obviously no dummy.)

Some people just can't speak well to crowds. His intellect is not what bothers me.

Here is what bothers me:
    trump chump.jpg

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see another electable person on the ballot?

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am going to vote on principle regardless of who looks electable. Neither electability, party, nor ideology determines who I vote for. There are some issues that I can give some room on and many others I cannot and will not. Not even if it boils down to two "electable" candidates. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Trump says one thing now but we cannot be sure of what he will acutally do. I know one thing about him he supports the abuse of Eminent domain so government can take property away from private owners and sell it to businesses it can pull more taxes from. That alone means I will never vote for him. Ever.

#28 Revmitchell, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Anyone can be electable if put on the ballot. And if the GOP doesn't have a path to keep Trump from being the nominee, then somebody needs to start a large write-in campaign to make sure he doesn't become the next President.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yet you supported evil during the last Presidential election cycle.:rolleyes:

I've become less and less amazed at how God's people will support you if there's no relationship with Christ. But let them disagree on a policy issue, and it's ungh ungh, no way, no how, EVER.Biggrin

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are aware, are you not, that in order to be elected you have to get more votes than anyone else?

Please point to the person on the ballot, besides Trump, who can garner more votes than Hilary.

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you'd rather have Hilary?

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the 64,000 dollar question!

14. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eminent. Imminent means "about to happen." Eminent means "above" or "superior." It means the government's claim on your land is superior to your claim on your land.

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That isn't even a 64 cent question! No rational, thinking, informed person would prefer Hilary. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No rational person would see either one of them as acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Biggrin Yes. That's why I said a LARGE write-in campaign. If folks who say they followed Christ wrote in the same person, it would be a slam dunk every time.

Now you know that the ballots haven't been made up yet. But anyone whose name gets written in has the same opportunity to garner more votes. Unlikely, but the opportunity does exist.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not supporting her either. But if other folks want to, they should feel free to do so. I have to stand before God and give an account for what I do. And I'm not supporting a man who doesn't believe he needs to seek God's forgiveness. For me that puts him in the same boat as the Mormon who rejects Christ.

19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. And look what not voting for him got us. 8 years of Obama. :rolleyes:

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You sure are doing a lot of ducking and dodging to avoid answering the question. Guilty conscience?