1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Apology Necessary From General Pace

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

General Pace spoke the truth! Homosexuality IS immoral.

2. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

AAAAAAAAAMen and SAAAAAAAlute!

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Yes. Why is he apologizing? This is what bothers me about politicians. They speak their heart and then cave to the democrats and the enablers in the media when they deem it to be politically-incorrect.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Those "other enablers" are called republicans.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Huh? Are you serious?

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Oh its you again.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

General Pace should have kept his mouth shut!

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I wish you would keep your mouth shut.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Escaped from the freespeech zone again huh Terry? :smilewinkgrin:

10. Terry_Herrington

Why should I? I'm not homophobic!

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Its me again Vern. And sorry about the situation, but those who cave into democrats are called pseudo conservative, liberal, without a sense of direction republicans, which we have now. Name one truly conservative republican with leadership skills and concern for the American people now in power.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

How is homophobia an issue here? No is talking about homophobia. The fact that someone thinks homosexuality is immoral because God said so aren't homophobic. In fact, many of us love homosexual very dearly, which is why we refuse to let them go unchecked into destruction. We try to warn them because we love them.

13. Gayla

Gayla New Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with the Truth that homosexuality is immoral.

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Too many people have kept their mouths shut about too many things for far too long. That's one reason why conduct such as homosexuality has gained so much passive support. Christians should speak up about these things - all things that are against God's law - and do so boldly yet without hatred towards fellow sinners such as we all are. General Pace not only proclaimed that homosexual conduct was immoral but also adultery. We can all proclaim something to be wrong that we know is wrong without proclaiming ourselves to be innocent of all wrong.

Moral conduct is important in all walks of life. It requires reinforcement and regulation by society in general and, for the more serious infractions, by society through their government.
    The idea that morality is defined by one's own view of what is moral is very dangerous and will lead us to a state of complete immorality. Christianity defines true morality - no truth is greater than God's truth - but all people can at least respect - whether willingly, by peer pressure, or by law - the fundamental moral guidelines which were so widely recognized in our nation for generations past. We have in recent times let a few take away our right to establish and hold a general standard of public morality. Silence of one side has been a major contributor. Clamoring for acceptance by the other side has lead the way. Rationalization by bystanders has let all make a steady climb nearly beyond our reach. Now those who proclaim truth are quickly put down whereas only a generation or two ago those selling untruths would have been roundly put down.

Morality is especially important in the military because in that organization we place a great deal of potential and lethal power that requires strong moral leaders and followers to properly and effectively use with due restraint. We train and equipment warriors to find and kill or capture our enemies yet we expect them to also exercise basic standards of moral decency in dealing with enemies and inhabitants of land in which they fight. The technical or physical abilities of individuals to fight is not in question - indeed the most evil of men can be the best of fighters - but rather the ability of the military to retain and hold its members to a standard of morality without which gross acts of disgusting conduct follow. Homosexual conduct does not make a person an incapable fighter but it is a demonstration of very poor moral character and lowers the standards for all around them to follow.

General Pace, and most senior leaders like him, understand these principles. They see the danger in the path being taken and they don't like what they see. I don't like what I see either.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Dragoon,
    That was one excellent post, gets to the point, and leaves out the argument about which political party is more spineless. General Pace is to be commended. He is heads and shoulders above any politician in the leadership and moral department.

16. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

There are those on this site that support homosexuality and find passive ways to support it so as not to break the posting rules. they want others to keep their mouth shut because they support such behavior as moral.

17. Terry_Herrington

I wasn't talking to you, so why are so quick to think I was? Maybe this topic hits you closer to home than you would like us to believe.

18. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why in the world would you think I thought you were talking to me? You made a statement that I decided to respond to. This hits close to home because as a pastor who preaches the entire word of God, I do address homosexuality, both publicly and privately. I see people who have been deceived into thinking that this lifestyle is just another choice when God declares it to be a soul-damning lifestyle. Because we love homosexuals we must warn them and help them turn from this sin.