1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No good works.....no Heaven?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Apr 30, 2013.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Luke was not there for everything. Neither could all the apostles be there for everything recorded in Luke's gospel. At the cross only John was there. Who was the eyewitness of the thief's confession? It was the Holy Spirit of course! He is the author of the book. The confession of the thief was between him and Christ, and not necessarily public.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are speculating.....

1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

The Holy Spirit used Luke for this reason.....

3 it seemed good also to me, having followed from the first after all things exactly, to write to thee in order, most noble Theophilus,

4 that thou mayest know the certainty of the things wherein thou wast instructed

#42 Iconoclast, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not speculating at all. As far as the events of the life of Christ are concerned it is doubtful that Luke was an eyewitness to any of them. He was a Gentile.

Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
    2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

He clearly sets forth here that his eyewitnesses are others (the apostles), and not himself. He was not an eyewitness. Others were.

THEY delivered them unto US which from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word.
    --Luke does not include himself as an eyewitness to these events.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
    1 Cor 3-:15

referring to the judgement seat of chrit, when he weighs our good works , to see if were done with right motivations, or not!

And the Bible wants us to come along and bear each others burdens in the lord, so why would OSAS or a reform view affect that?

And I don't know any who hold to OSAS as i do that take it now good to go, to kive life as we want, for we have the HS whose desire will be to please god, so even when we sin, we don't feel that great, and jam up fellowship with god, so we want to stay pure and clean!