1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No matter your opinion of the singer, this is how you do the song......

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Feb 19, 2012.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her wasted life aside, (this is not what this thread is about), I've never heard anyone do justice to the Star Spangled Banner in contemporary times like Whitney Houston.

It was done respectfully, getting all of the words correct, sensitivity to the message, and without all the unnecessary scatting of the notes. (I like scatting, but in jazz, not the National Anthem).

I could listen to this all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4v431Mlak&feature=fvst

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Amazing rendition! Possibly the best job ever on the National Anthem!

She had an absolutely perfect voice.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I loved her voice from the beginning and have many sweet memories of her first albums, which I've always thought were her best, vocally speaking.

Always made me jealous when people could just open their mouth and sing like that. Okay, maybe just jealous of her voice because I don't know of anyone else that could sing like that!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

She really did have the most amazing voice and was absolutely gorgeous. So many of the national anthems are ruined nowadays by people looking to just show themselves off but she showed off the anthem. That was awesome.

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

So beautiful. Gives me chills. I have read of this performance by her being released as a single and hitting close to the top of the Billboard 100 charts, and of many military bases using it to open family movie nights and other events. Phenomenal.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

She has a nice voice but she never learned to sing.