1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No one is righteous = No one can believe???

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Can I tell you what I think? Because I am going to here.

I think you know you can't answer those questions clearly without revealing yourself to the "nameless" crowd.

You know that they will look down on you if they find out what you really believe on these things.

There is no merry go round here. First of all this is the first time we have really discussed this particular aspect of this subject. So that is enough to make your "merry go round" excuse clearly bogus.

Secondly, we have only been discussing those questions about three posts. So it's not true Skan.

You can't answer the questions. You know you are done. Stick a fork in Skan- he's done.

And, BTW, I don't MEAN to be disrespectful either... :wavey::thumbs::love2:

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Study what we believe from good reputable scholars and when you can restate, in your own words, what we believe on this subject then I'll reengage, until then I'm not getting on another merry-go-round with you.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

And yet you are still posting.:love2:

You cannot answer the questions.

I know what Arminianismis AT LEAST as well as you.:wavey:

I attended a truly Arminian college, etc, etc, etc...

You just can't answer the questions.:love2:

4. Skandelon

Study what we believe from good reputable scholars and when you can restate, in your own words, what we believe on this subject then I'll reengage, until then I'm not getting on another merry-go-round with you.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

:love2:Round and round she goes...:)

Is not reposting this the very ESSENCE of merry go rounding???:wavey:

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Skandelon,

Dont believe the hooey that anyone will look down on you for anything. If having a different spirit, heart, attitude, theology (different from Luke) makes me "nameless"....count me in. Proud to be in that company and crowd.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

But he's not nameless.

He actually HAS a theology.

It is consistent. It is systematized. It is reputable.

It is for that very reason that he must abandon this conversation now.

Because he is alone. He knows if he answers the questions in the post he is avoiding that he will isolate himself from the only possible compadres he can have on baptist board- the nameless guys.

And I am offended at the "heart" comment.

I expect an apology.

8. quantumfaith

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I find those snoring faces to be demeaning and insulting.:tear:

Please turn in your high horse whereby you rebuke people for being rude at the next station. You are now disqualified from mounting him any more.:love2: :wavey: :thumbs:

10. Skandelon

Glad you feel that way, and since you know it as well as I do you shouldn't have any problem simply restating, in your own words, what we believe regarding this subject. I'll even let you copy and paste it from a scholar of your choosing, like you did with the Edwards quote.

Requiring one's opponent to represent his understanding of what has already been argued is not abandonment, it is good communication. I refuse to answer questions that have been sufficiently answered again and again. It is now your turn, since (by your own testimony) you understand my "systematize, consistent, and reputable" theology as well as I do, you should know the answers to the questions you posed.

What are they? Why do I believe God has not failed? Do I believe God wants to save everyone? You tell me since you already know.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No, skan. you're in the hot seat, not me. It would be silly for me to trade places with you.

Answer the questions. That was the last challenge. You don't get to skip it and make one of your own.

12. Skandelon

You can't do it, can you? You have no idea how an Arminian would explain his desire for all to be saved, do you?

There are COUNTLESS posts from me answering that question. Just do a search. Anyone here who has read any threads of mine knows that, so now its your turn. What do you think we believe?

When you can restate it, then I'll reengage. Otherwise, you are admitting that you don't know as far as I'm concerned.

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This is about your inability to answer those questions.

I am not going to let you get by with deflecting from that plain fact.
    NOPE.

No one has seen you answer THOSE questions. I'll repost them so folks can see for themselves.

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Here they are. These are the questions skandelon cannot answer.

What he knows he cannot do is admit that he believes that God NEVER intended for MANY people to go to heaven- that God never had any purpose to ever save everybody- that God purposed that many would go to hell before he made them- before, in fact he made the universe.

He is stuck because on the one hand he wants to claim that he believes that God NEVER fails at accomplishing ANY of his purposes.

But on the other hand he doesn't want to say that God INTENDED, PURPOSED that MANY go to hell.

So he is deflecting.

He tries to get you to think he is answering these by saying, "God did not purpose to effectually cause people to believe" but all thinking people can see that this does not answer these simple questions.

15. quantumfaith

And you Luke know how many people God intended to enjoy eternity in His presence? Yes, I do believe that God would LOVE multitudes to know him in saving way.... will every person do so....I do not believe so. Many (how many, I have no idea) will reject him and His offer of salvation offered to all of mankind.

16. Skandelon

Then why could any objective observer do a simple search and find the numerous posts where I provide answers to these question? This is not an opinion, it is a verifiable fact, Luke.

Now, you have admitted that I hold to a reputable systematized theology that you know at least as well as I do. So, prove it.

Answer the questions so I know you understand our view. Why do Arminians reject the concept that God has failed when someone refuses to believe?

When you can answer that you will prove yourself to having been listening to all the answers I already gave. Until then it is pointless to continue a discussion with you on this subject.

17. Skandelon

1. I've already provided answers to most if not all those questions, but because you either can't understand them or refuse to listen you keep asking the same thing over and over.

2. If you know Arminianism as well if not better than I do, which by your own testimony is a reputable, established, systematized theology; then why do you need me to provide the answer? Why don't you tell us what you think Arminians believe and then tell us why we are wrong?

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Show us all where you clearly answered these questions with anything other than the following phrase which does NOT answer them: "God did not purpose to effectually cause all men to believe and be saved."

That does not even ADDRESS the questions, Skan. It is simply a deflection.

19. Skandelon

I thought you knew Arminianism as well if not better than I do and you don't know the answer even with my explanations to help you? That is only revealing what you really don't know Luke.

All you have to do is use your vast knowledge of Arminianism and answer the question yourself. You don't need my help...do you?

20. Skandelon

Let me help you out by answering a question about Calvinism:

Question: Do most Calvinism believe evangelism is necessary?
    Calvinistic Answer: Yes, because those are the means God has chosen.

Now, your turn:

Question: Do Arminians believe God desires to save every person. And if so do they believe God has failed when someone is not saved?

Arminian Answer: _______________________________

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.