1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Shipwrecks

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that for or again sovereign grace?so confused. Honestly, my family and I are strict Monergist (spelling)

#41 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Broke wrist,hard to type…sorry

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excerpt from the article I mentioned above:

" But let me ask: If it be so very absurd, to worship the work of other men's hands; what must it be, to worship the works of our own hands? Perhaps, you may ask, "God forbid that I should do so." Nevertheless, let me tell you, that trust, confidence, reliance, and dependence, for salvation, are all acts and very solemn ones too, of divine worship: and upon whatsoever you depend, whether in whole or in part, for your acceptance with God, and for your justification in His sight, whatsoever, you rely upon, and trust in, for the attainment of grace or glory; if it be any thing short of God in Christ, you are an idolater to all intents and purposes.

Very different is the idea which Scripture gives us, of the ever-blessed God, from that of those false gods worshipped by the heathens; and from that degrading representation of the true God, which Arminianism would palm upon mankind. "Our God [says this Psalm, verse the third] is in the heavens: He hath done whatsoever He hath pleased." This is not the Arminian idea of God: for our free-willers and our chance-mongers tell us, that God does not do whatsoever He pleases; that there are a great number of things, which God wishes to do, and tugs and strives to do, and yet cannot bring to pass: they tell us, as one ingeniously expresses it:

That all mankind He fain would save, But longs for what He cannot have. Industrious, thus, to sound abroad, A disappointed, changing God.

-
    rest of article is at Arminianism: The Golden Idol of Freewill | Monergism

• Like Like x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I
    I blocked the guy. No use getting aggravated

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brittany Mahomes, the wife of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, demanded an apology from the critics and pundits who doubted what the team would be capable of this season.
    reply: sure thing Karen! ;)

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken are you the guy that keeps horses as my wife was a trainer and bred them ( years ago). She WAS big in Sussex county NJ and still maintains a love for equine sports.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I don't personally keep horses, but I am a horse player and I own 1% of a couple of two-year-old standardbreds in training - Born to Dance in Ohio and Great Bet in Ontario, Canada, with www.thestable.ca. Hopefully, they will be in harness races come June or July.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nor do we any more. Pams active in horse rescue…up until her cancer that is but she talks to all the rescue places still.