1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Strategy for Defeating ISIS

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 28, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no suggestions and I did not intend to imply that saying that Air Power cannot win wars meant that I favored troops but I merely was stating the observation about Air Power.

It is up to the Democrats. They seldom ask for GOP advice. They do not need GOP votes in the Senate and they only need a few GOP votes in the House. I think that the GOP should give them a few votes in the House and no votes in the Senate.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Expert? :laugh:

All the foreign interventions they've been "in charge of" has turned into epic failures.

The republicans are just better at convincing themselves that it's all the democrat's fault.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Air power can slow down ISIS, but cannot defeat it.

Absent a real coalition,Obama's "strategy" will achieve no long term gains. I'm not sure he has the skills necessary to build a coalition. Our allies simply do not trust him. He has spent his entire term in office alienating our allies and kissing up to our enemies.

Yes, to defeat them will take ground combat troops. Am I ready to do that? Not at all.

Not until the money, weapons, and supplies for ISIS stop coming in from Turkey and Saudi Arabia. I'd like to see some ground troops of theirs in the fight before I see ours.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mostly agree but just know that any coalition formed in the future is going to include U.S. Soldiers.

5. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush gave them two meaningless wars which resulted in a large loss of life (mainly on the "enemy side") and cost us trillions of dollars.

6. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "coalition" that Bush formed was made up almost entirely of American and British troops. The total number of coalition troops involved after the surge in Iraq in 2007 was about 230,000. The U.S. supplied 165,000 and the U.K. 46,000. S. Korea with 3,600, Australia with 2,000, Georgia with 2,000, the Ukraine with 1,650, Romania with 730, Denmark with 545 and Bulgaria with 485 were the only other significant contributors. The rest of the coalition countries contributed 300 or less with many under 100.

Bottom line is over 90% of the troops came from the U.S. or the U.K. Where were our major NATO allies other than the U.K. like Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Spain, etc?

#66 FollowTheWay, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama won't even come close to that kind of foreign participation.