1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NOAH - All My Children

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noah was about 480 years old when he began building the Ark
    It took him 120 to complete the project.
    The Noah took his wife along with 3 sons and their wife's on the Ark.

Do you think that Noah had more children than just the three who came on the Ark?
    500 years old and only three children???

If he did, were they discouraged with the amount of time that Noah worked on the ark?

If they chose not to stick with Noah - then they would have perished in the Great Flood.

If Noah did have additional children - why do you suppose Moses did not include them
    in Scripture?

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a theory that Noah's sons were all adopted.
    First of all, compare Genesis 5:32 with all the other antediluvians in Genesis 5. Noah's the only one who waits 500 years to have children and then.......he has triplets??
    Secondly, I read somewhere that everyone in the world is related to one of three men, whom the article suggested might be great conquerors and mass rapists. But I thought, I know three people to whom everyone is related: Shem, Ham and Japheth. Then I thought, but if that's the case, everyone is related to one man-- Noah. But if S, H & J were adopted, that would fit.
    Maybe Noah realised he was never going to be a father and so he adopts three babies and brings them up in the fear of the Lord.

Just a thought. :Whistling

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    500 and only 3 children may seem unusual by normal human standards, but I know of no biblical evidence that suggests he had any other children. A few things I notice, though not conclusive, are:
    • The reference to Noah and his sons does not follow the pattern of the other patriarchs, who are usually said to have "lived after" and begot "sons and daughters."
    • Genesis 6:10 says he begat three sons, with no indication of other children.
    • Genesis 9:19 speaks of 3 sons of Noah "as if" there are no others.
    Ultimately, the Bible doesn't say Noah had only 3 sons, but to me it seems to be implied.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It only took me 30 years to decide that 3 kids was more than enough.

Rob

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Children are cheaper by the dozen but they probably were expensive even in Noah's time, what with braces and everything.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have two kids. A daughter and a son.

Our daughter has cost a fortune over the years. Clothes, food, private school, private college. Doctors. Dentists. Cars. And now her boys are costing us for Christmas, birthdays, and all the other things good grandparents spend on their grandkids.

Our boy has never cost us a dime. He died in 1976.

I don't care how much they cost. It is worth the expense. So buy those braces and everything. They are worth the investment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture doesn't mention other
    Whether he had other children or not, only these three and their wives made it on the boat.

Reminds me of a funny cartoon for some reason. 2 dinosaurs standing together and looking at the ark as it floated away. One says, "oh cr*p, was that today?"

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noah is very important; the info that we have on him is accurate.