1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nobel Prize-winning scientist shares COVID-19 data showing strict lockdowns were an overreaction

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 4, 2020.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Professor Michael Levitt, who teaches structural biology at the Stanford School of Medicine, won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for "the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems."

And according to Levitt, coronavirus data show that sweeping lockdown measures were an overreaction that may actually backfire.

Levitt has been analyzing the COVID-19 outbreak from a statistical perspective since January and has been remarkably accurate in his predications. The data show that the outbreak never actually grew exponentially, suggesting harsh lockdown measures, which have drastically impacted the world economy, were probably unnecessary.

Nobel Prize-winning scientist shares COVID-19 data showing strict lockdowns were an overreaction

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one in this country, unlike Taiwan, knew for sure--Stanford professors aside, who have been magnificent in all of this--and so we played safe so as to not be sorry but now it is time to go back to work and start making N95 masks so that we can survive the next attack by China without a lockdown.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know what they say about hindsight, right?

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they have the privilege of hindsight without any skin in the game.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife didn't want me to burn but I mowed down the tall dry grass around my burn barrel, raked and then wet ground for 20' around before I did any burning and then reminded her that I was remarkably accurate in my predications that there was no reason to worry about the fire spreading. My data shows the fire never spread beyond where I was burning and that my wife was overreacting because the fire never grew. My conclusion is that all that work before the burn was probably unnecessary...

• Like Like x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Bill Gates wants to give you his vaccine, are you going to go quietly or will they have to call the swat team? Don't you think it would be best if everyone stayed in his basement a couple of more years?