1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Non-Calvinist theologians?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by bjonson, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel.alexander

Faith:
    Baptist

Mathew Henry was not a 5 point Calvinist. He was moderate at most. He was a non-conformist minister.
    I use his commentary quite often and he most definitely believed in a general atonement.

2. Joel.alexander

Faith:
    Baptist
    G . E. Ladd(baptist), F. F. Bruce (brethren), Oliver B. Greene(baptist), Henry Ironside(brethren) , David H Stern (messianic jew), Spiros Zodihates ( greek scholar) .

All of these theologians are non-5 point calvinist and neither are they considered arminian.

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John Wesley was a preacher and evangelist. I would not personally have described him as a theologian, any more than I would so have described Whitefield or Spurgeon.

#123 Martin Marprelate, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post 119 is from 11 years ago. So, this is a zombie thread. So, it is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.