1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Non-citizens sue, claim of "constitutional rights"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure that would be a greater amont.

Evidently RS is not able to think outside the box

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember...the immigrants in this case are legal residents.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

This is truly funny. Someone who has spent a career in the military following orders and doing what they were told to do. Someone who is told what to wear, what to do, what to... saying something about being outside the box! Oh yea, and someone who lives off the taxes of others.

Army = group box think!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, then why did I purposely disobey a lawful order by a officer - of which no charges were made. Why did a Major get mad at me for what I personally told a 2 Star General - btw - the Gen took care of the situation I brought to his attention
    and my uniform - oh, boy the story behind that.

Yes, I did live of the taxes of others
    but

1. I actually worked for my money unlike some other who receive a "green" check
    2. I actually paid taxes on what I EARNED

BY THE WAY have you made a visit to your local US Marine recruiting station to inform them of what you think of them?

Sarge

PS, I also served in a military reserve unit for about 6 years without getting paid - in fact it cost me as I was not reimbursed for uniforms, travel, time off work, ect.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the Connecticut law did was bring their state law in line with federal statutes. Their mistake was ever shortening the time requirement of the federal statute in the first place.

The judge is trying to legislate from the bench.

Just a thought ...I wonder how many indigent immigrants moved to Connecticut just to get a free ride on medical care???

#25 carpro, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

So, you feel it's alright to "disobey a lawful order."

I don't know what a "green" check is. I get a paycheck for hours worked.

You sure seem touchy; it's not my fault you enlisted. It seems to upset you to be reminded that the military lives off taxes. Sorry, that's just the facts!

Right, if I express my opinion that the military budget needs to be trimmed, it means I will be attacked at the nearest Marine Base. Grow up!

Just because you made a foolish decision to work and not be reimbursed doesn't speak well of military intelligence.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks:

You just dont understand do you.

I am not touchy - but why is it wrong to earn a living off the taxpayers. So what you are saying is that President Obama should be ashamed of getting a paycheck from the US govt? (and I'm not even talking about the 1/2 of his Senate term he was running for POTUS)

and its a shame you do not have one charitable bone:tear:

Us military folks may make fun of the Marines, but you might be surprised at how mature they really are. And even Marines EARN their paycheck and to quote someone "Sorry, that's just the facts!" )

I will appease you a little - yes there is waste in the military.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

It's obvious Robert has distaste and hostility for ministers of the Gospel, and for those serving in the military.

Perhaps some therapy would help.

I'd volunteer, but I don't have the time it would take to straighten him out.

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Yes, I think I do.

I never said it was wrong! I have a relative who has worked for Texas Department of Criminal Justice for 30 years, as a coach. He has received tax money, but he earned it. I have never said anything even remotely saying that you, or anyone else, in the military hasn't earned their pay.

How would you know about the bones in my body, or anything about how, or to who, I give?

I have never made fun of the Marines. One of my former pastors who I love dearly has a son who served in the Marines. I have met several Marines throughout my lifetime, and many more former Marines.

Just because someone doesn't tear up every time the military is mentioned, or someone doesn't seem as gung ho as you doesn't mean they hate the military.

Finally, this was my point. There is waste in all areas of government, and if we are going to cut spending, all areas of government should look to see where they can save.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

So why didnt you say that to begin with?

Sarge

ps, I bring up tearing later

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I never said anything against the military except that their budgets should get be trimmed like many other government agencies.

The problem is that once a poster is identified as a "liberal" everything said is twisted, especially by posters like yourself, Targus and Rbell, let alone Carpro.

If you don't believe me, check out Crabtownboy's postings.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    post #23 Oh yea, and someone who lives off the taxes of others.

Army = group box think!

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well, government employees do live off the taxes of others. There is no other way to operate a military or a government for that matter.

Perhaps I should have worded it better, I apologize. But, to be in the military is to live off tax money, not that it's wrong. I don't think I ever said anything about someone in the sense being a dead beat, or not earning their pay.

14. targus

targus New Member

If you think that members of the military earn their pay why would you suggest cutting it?

15. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. That is why I think this case fails on the merits.

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I didn't mean cutting the individual soldiers pay! I was talking about the overall military budget. Surely, there are outdated weapons systems that can be cut. Then there is the administrative costs that could probably be streamlined.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back to the OP. . .

This kind of thing, if not nipped in the bud, is going to take us to civil war.

18. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

The B-52 fleet is an obsolete weapons system. Yet, it has been updated and refined and still serves us very well when we need it.

Actually, from my vantage point it's some of the newer stuff that needs to be "reconsidered". But, not because it will be ineffective. But, because the regulations and procurement policies add years and exhorbitant costs to actually getting something fielded.

Making things worse is that technology is now changing so rapidly that the technologically based weapons systems design and approval teams can barely keep things current.

We could save Billions, IMHO, by fixing and streamlining the design Approval and procurement system and policies.

Youtr point is well taken, though.

Even the Military hazmat program is crazy.

Stuff you and I can buy at Wal-Mart and store anywhere at home cannot even be brought to work. Instead we have to use "Certified" and "Approved" useless junque that doesn;t work and costs at least four times as much!

Even Whiteout, for crying out loud!

I'd better not get started... :)

19. billwald

billwald New Member

In many purchases, the paperwork and certification costs more than the item. The grandkids of the people who built the B-52s are now flying them. The Air Force didn't buy 40 year's worth of spare parts for them while they were in production. If a flight mechanic needs a routine screw, nut, or bolt to fix something he can't buy it at Lowes for a dollar. The paperwork probably will cost $100 or more.

20. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The courts and legislatures are no longer abiding by certain principals:
    If they were..... then they would recognize that all men have inalienable rights.... and then the citizens of the country have an additional constitutional rights which are namely this to be brief...... those powers not specified to any of the three branches of government or to the states belong to us: There is an overlap in certain areas of inalienable and those specified.... for an example.... regardless of citizenship, a person has the right to own and protect his own property and life: regardless of citizenship, a person should have the right to a trial by jury.... to present evidence in his defense... but a jury of "peers' is an area of question. A non-citizen has the rights of free speech & to practice his religion...but he doesn't have the right to vote. Medicare and medicaid laws are not a power granted by the constitution.... they are legal but not lawful,.... but try to get a court to pass on that one... or try to get citizens now accustomed to expect these services to be available... and because of which practice since enactment, have skewed the economics & avaiablity of insurance to the aged from remaining within an average persons power to obtain & keep for himself.... to give it up. However, if a non-citizen has potential for contagion... or has a life threatening medical event, it serves the good of noone except the public purse to deny medical treatment to save a life or to contain disease. An illegal alien should not expect the same protections: In a just society, he may be expected to be treated in a fair & humane way.... but, as he's already violated the law of legal entrance.. he should not expect to be owed any more than another criminal: however, even as a criminal... as it is practiced, criminals seem to have somewhat greater securities & assurances put in place by government than the law abiding citizen may count on.