1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NON-KJVO - What I like about the KJV.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 5, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The KJV is a fairly accurate translation, made by a group of men who gave their best effort, while admitting they weren't perfect. It's easier to memorize verses from the KJV because its language, being different from our present everyday English, stands out in our minds better.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for this thread, C4K. I am a KJV -Preferred person, as I'm discovering most of you all are.

In the past, I've jumped to the side of the KJVO's because I felt like somebody watching an old sentimental favorite being bashed just because somebody else was singing in the hiphop language, does that make sense ?

Anyway, don't let what I said get us into any argument.

Many years ago, while distributing tracts in a mountain village in the Philippines, back in those days when one can go into the deepest hinterlands with no fear of either communist or muslims, I met this old lady who was born in the turn of the 20th century and got just as far as the second grade.

But, she could talk perfectly good, not simply passable, English - in, you guessed it, KJV form.

3. Orvie

Orvie New Member

It's cadence.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I like that the KJV for its time was a remarkable translation....ahead of its time. Some called it the NIV of the 17th century! Well, I get the point, but I think the KJV was better than the NIV at the 17th century because, as Ransom pointed out, the KJV is the grandfather in a sense of the great translations we have today. It's cadence and beauty is remarkable as well.