1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not under Law --Under Grace!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. His Blood Spoke My Name

Another thing to look at in the passages in question by some is this:

'IF'

The supposition word,

The 'if' is there for a reason, over and over. One is not just to suppose one is saved, we are to know we are saved.

Chapter 5 tells us we can know beyond a shadow of a doubt of our salvation.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

YOU NEED TO READ THIS AGAIN!!

This is to you His Blood Spoke My Name:

Quote:
    This Chapter and verses are plainly talking about before being cleansed by the blood of Christ (THE UNSAVED) and after being cleansed by His Blood, (THE SAVED) how many times DO we have to be cleansed?
    Here is how they are reconciled, I am sure you know and had probably went off line when the last post was made but if not,

John 1: 7 is talking being saved , and if you walk in the light (you have no sin).

John 1: 8, if we say we have no sin ( no sin to be cleansed by walking in the light and being washed in the blood of Christ as in verse 7.and then being saved.

John 1:9 tells us to confess our sins before we are saved and be cleansed by the blood of Christ as in verse 7

John 1: 10 is if we say we have not sinned (past tense when unsaved) then we make Him a liar.

1 John, chapter 1
    7: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his

Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10: If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If we confes our sins (walk in the light) He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteous.

If we say we have not sinned (past tense) we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Quote:
    This Chapter and verses is plainly saying to anyone, who says they know the Lord and keep not His Commandments, is a liar and the truth is not in them. (WHETHER YOU CLAIM TO BE SAVED OR NOT)
    1 John, chapter 2
    1: My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father,

Jesus Christ the righteous:
    2: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3: And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4: He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5: But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

If we say we know Him and keep not His Commandments, we are a liar and the truth is not in us.

Quote:
    RECONCILED
    Do you know Him?

Are you keeping His Commanments

If not you are a liar, and the scripture tells us if we are liars where we are going to as in the scripture below.

For those who keep not His Commandments.

Rev. 21:
    "8": But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,

and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Read it again, I had some mistakes but fixed them.
    Verse 7 is talking about those cleansed up by the blood. (no sin)
    Verse 8 is talking before we were cleansed up by His blood (had sin)
    verse 9 is being cleansed up after confession. (no sin)

I think it reconciles it. It is plain those with sin have never been cleansed up by the blood of Christ, unless you believe you have to be cleaned up more than once

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

Bob,

I did read it, and I agree. No, the cleansing is not necessary more than once.

We are in darkness, or in light.
    If we say we are in the light and and are walking contrary to the Word,we lie and do not know the Light.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

John 1: 8 is talking about those who want to skip verse 7 and the blood and say they have no sin.

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

what gave you the idea that confess our sins=walk in the light?

it says we walk in the light as Jesus is in the light and He had no sin

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

1Jn:2:10: He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

thats why it says if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another

walking in the light is the same as walking in the path of righteousness

which basically means the blood of Jesus will only be applied to those who truly repent

because it says the blood of Jesus cleanses all sin only those who walk in the light

which in effect means that only the repentant have any claims on the blood of Christ.

It may as well say that if we keep the commandments then the blood of Christ will be applied to your case. If not, then you have no claim on it.

1 John, chapter 1
    7: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

#326 Claudia_T, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2007
  7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

In other words, dont go around under the illusion that God is going to justify you by the blood of Christ if you dont intend on following the light that He has given you, the light being that you are supposed to love your brother... AKA keep the commandments.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You all have a good day, I got a church to take care of today. I will see you later if I don't get booted.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    There is not a living person who keeps the Commandments perfectly - which is here supposed. There are, however those who sincerely believing in Jesus, who do keep the commandments - more or less well. This is not what is supposed here. What is supposed here, is the Covenant of Grace, whereby the man who is in Christ - through Electing Grace - in Christ keeps the Law perfectly. It is not the person's righteousness that is accounted - it is his faith - the gift of electing Grace - so that the righteousness which is of God, is accounted him in Christ. There is no one but such as shall enter into evrlasting life through Jesus Christ. No chancers.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And for DHK,
    Also baptism is a command of Christ the saved shall have undergone in and through the death and resurrection of Christ, through Christ, by faith only. No water-baptism supposed.

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

That is telling us the CONDITION for entrance into Heaven. No need to dance around that, for it is very plain.

Rv:22:14: Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

3: And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4: He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Who should we believe, the Lord or someone else?

BTW, HBSMN;

Jeremiah verse 9 is not to all men having a deceitful heart but the Lord talking to Judah.

Jere.17
    1: The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars;

7: Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

8: For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat

cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

9: The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10: I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

11: As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.

#332 Brother Bob, Jan 14, 2007
  13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Back to the LEGALISTS again! "Nobody can keep the law perfectly perfectly perfect so why try?"

AS IF God asked us to do something we really cannot do. He IS NOT sitting there just waiting to whop us over the head for some technicality of disobedience. He desires THE HEART, OUR LOYALTY...

Stop looking at the legal aspects for one moment if you can and start focusing on what it is God wants of us...

No rebellion. Love for Him. Loyalty.

OF COURSE we wont be able to keep the commandments perfectly perfectly perfect!

Stop using that as your excuse.

God isnt kidding!
    Rv:22:14: Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Lk:1:6: And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I'll show you who the ELECT are... PETER'S LADDER is what its called:

2Peter 1:
    1: Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    2: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
    3: According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
    4: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
    5: And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
    6: And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
    7: And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
    8: For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    9: But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
    10: Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
    11: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Now go read the verses before it to find out who the Elect are... because IF you dont "do these things" you arent one of them!

Clue: By the promises of God, you must become a partaker of the Divine Nature... climbing the ladder towards what Jesus called "Perfection". "CHARITY" (LOVE) being at the top of that ladder (verse 7)... of the Christian virtues... in other words, keeping the commandments. That was Jesus' definition of Love God and Love your neighbor...

Matthew 5:
    43: Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
    44: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    45: That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    46: For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
    47: And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
    48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

the Divine Nature! Partakers of the Divine Nature "be ye perfect AS YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT"

Hey guess what? It says the exact same thing here!

Isnt that just amazing how the Bible is so consistant when we dont try to hide our eyes from the truth?

#334 Claudia_T, Jan 14, 2007
  15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#1.The sins for which we are held accountable are ... "The deeds done in the body whether they be good or evil" 2Cor 5. This is seen again in Romans 2 and in Matt 7.

#2. SDAs do not argue that "nothing goes to heaven at death" rather we argue that the "spirit of all men goes back to God who gave it" at death and that this spirit is the "essence" of who you are in a dormant form.

The principle of sin - begins in the inner man "the heart" according to Mark 7 and James 1
    14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own[/b] lust.
    15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
    Do not be deceived[/b], my beloved brethren.

Mark 7
    18 And He said to them, ""Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him,
    19 because it
    does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?'' (Thus He declared all foods clean.)
    20 And He was saying, ""
    That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man.
    21 ""For
    from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,
    22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and
    foolishness.
    23 ""All these evil things
    proceed from within and defile the man.''

I agree that the new creation - the new nature is at war with the sinful nature just as we see in Romans 7 -- "war within me" and "sin in my members" -- but as Romans 8 and 1John 2 state the end result must be really "walking as Christ walked" 1John 2 and "walking after the Sprit - puting to death the deeds of the flesh"

In 2Cor 10:4 Paul puts it this way "taking every thought captive to the obedience of Chrsit".

In Christ,

Bob

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I didn't get booted??

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BB:
    "Who should we believe, the Lord or someone else?"

GE:
    So I infer I should believe you - who boasts you keep His commandments?
    I know you don't mean I should believe you - straight and honest that is; you insinuate I lie. I'll always be a liar in the sight of a holy God, admittedly. Maybe you won't?
    Now Abraham obeyed God, but what did God reckon him righteous for? His obedience? No! for his faith which he also received from the pure mercies of God - not from his own pure efforts!

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is closer than some of the others Bob and I know you don't believe the soul goes to Heaven but we find where the soul and Spirit are so bound that only the word of God can put them asunder and I believe they stay together and go to Heaven. Anyway, you answer better than most of the others.

This is what DHK posted on this thread about me.

Yes, I was booted for 10 days for standing up for my belief. They call it anger but its just the way I am. I am not angry to the point that as DHK said, I murdered some brethern.

#338 Brother Bob, Jan 14, 2007
  19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bro Bob got booted???

AND if we DO sin we have an advocate with the Father.

There is no text that says that the saints can not be tempted, can not sin etc. Rather we are to engage in the process of 2cor 10:4 "taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" using the weapons of our warfare which are divinely powerful.

I am SDA - I can hardly argue with those statements - so I guess i have to agree with you on that part. Predestined.

In Christ,

Bob

20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

why do you suppose God put that verse there, just for kicks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.