1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not under Law --Under Grace!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BB:
    "Show me where the Spirit or inward man sins after being born again."

GE:
    Should we look at you?
    Just look how you expose yourself for being nothing but the old man still. Because it is a LIE - a massive one - to equate and identify "the Spirit" with the "inward man" like you do here. The Spirit of God cannot sin, but there's no "inner man" that can not sin.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Spirit of God cannot sin, nor be born again!

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

There is no such thing as a man that cannot sin.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, but the inner man can and the Spirit of God dwell in the inner man. Thats scripture and why do you call people liars. If someone don't get a scripture right to your seeing does not make them a liar. I thought Christians acted better than that? If the Spirit don't dwell with the inner man then you tell me where it is.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So I cannot even show you where the Spirit or God sins after being born again - what a man....

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We claim that the body+spirit becomes "a living soul" as we see in Gen 2. And that is certainly one way the term is used in scripture.

But another way it is used is in Matt 10 "kill the body but not the soul" vs "Destroy BOTH body and soul in the fires of hell". In that case I think the reference includes the fact that the spirit is with God during death - waiting as "the Dead in Christ" for the First resurrection.

I am sorry to hear that - I hope you will be around to challenge me on my beliefs in future posts. I enjoy reading what you have to say -- even if at times I do not agree with you.

In Christ,

bob

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BB:
    " why do you call people liars."

GE:
    I call people who say, "... the Spirit or the inward man ...", equating and identifying them, liars, ja.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This don't make sense Bob, on one hand you say we keep the Commandments and on the other you say we sin, unless you are talking about a sin which is not a sin unto death of which I believe also.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I said the Spirit was in the inner man and still stand by it.

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I feel like I have entered into some sort of a Men's Club

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The New Creation the new nature desires to serve God and the sinful nature desire sin -- but there is still only one PERSON and that PERSON that SOUL must "give an account for the deeds done in the body whether they be good or evil". 2Cor 5:10

that person may choose to give in to the lusts of the sinful nature OR that person may choose to avail themselves of the weapons of warfare by which "we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" 2Cor 10:4 which means "really keeping' Christ's commandments.

Christ said "If you love me KEEP My commandments" -- no one who is an adulterer can say "I DO keep them inwardly just not outwardly" there is no room at all for that -- for what is done "outwardly" is the FRUIT that is SEEN according to Matt 7.

Yes KEEP Christ's Commandments -- but that means REALLY kEEP - not fake keep as in breaking them continually outwardly but claiming that inwardly you are still sinless and perfectly obedient. there is only one Person one SOUL and that person must choose which nature to listen to and the result is the "action" the "fruit" that is seen.

In Christ,

Bob

#351 BobRyan, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2007
  12. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well on the one hand apparently, you have one side that tries to make excuses for sin and says we cannot keep the commandments..

....and on the other hand we have the other extreme that seems to say we cannot sin.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Whuzzup with that? What did we say?

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

NOTHING! thats the key, I feel like Ive been talking to myself for the last half hour...

anyway I give up with it, Im gonna go bake some cookies.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Just one question, then I have to go to church.

Bro. Bob, HBSMN, do you sin? Ever? That is the question. DO YOU SIN?

What I hear both of you saying is that you DO NOT, EVER sin.

Yes or no please.

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

If they say they never sin then they have never taken a good look at the perfect character of Christ, nor have they ever looked deeply into the broad nature of the perfect Law of God.

But Im not understanding all of this talk about some "inner man" so perhaps I just dont get it

#356 Claudia_T, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2007
  17. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: May I interpret this for the list? What is being asked if they have any last words before some fellows of the baser sort drag them straight to the gallows. :tear:

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I sure hate to see you in such a state of utter dejection, (or is the word castration,) so I will address a post directly to you. :smilewinkgrin:

I have not read every post, so could you help me? Has anyone ever said that they ‘cannot’ sin, as if though it is 'imposasible' for them to sin, or is the word ‘cannot’ being used as in “I cannot go to the places I used to go because I love the Lord.”? I see the word cannot as saying ‘my heart is fixed and with the help of the Holy Spirit I will not, or with the Lord's help I have not in my recent past.’

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Ah, Claudia, your best post I've read! The men may surely listen, chauvinist theology or not!

Nevertheless, again your remark exposes more than good insight; it also exposes theological weakness. Why deflate the punch after you have said it all and perfectly, "If they say they never sin then they have never taken a good look at the perfect character of Christ"? What is "the Perfect Law of God" but Jesus Christ, "perfected" through suffering, death and resurrection? Does not Christ say it all? In fact nothing has been driven home if not Christ in His own Person has not through His Holy Spirit, revealed to a person, his sins! (John 6:63 then 16:8a)

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    HP,, there is someone on this thread who actually claims sinlessness and thinks his sins are forgiven! Howzat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.