1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

November 7th?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Nov 2, 2018.

?
  1. Democrats take the Senate

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Democrats take the House

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Republicans take the Senate - adding 0-3 seats

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. Republicans take the Senate - adding 4 or more seats

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  5. Republicans hold the House - but lose some

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  6. Republicans hold the House - adding seats

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What will be the story in the morning of November 7th?

I'm getting the feeling the Democrats will be in for a rude awakening. It will be painfully evident to the Democrats that the people are taking back their country and that the Democrats are on the wrong side of the will of the people. 2020 will look very bleak for them and they will have to begin admitting that the path they are on has lost its way. Like a long deserved slap in the face they will have earned it!

On the other hand, with that morning's sun our future will look brighter. We can look forward to big and exciting changes that will be in store. Pride in Nationalism will no longer be a politically incorrect term and Globalist agendas will continue to fade as the Democrats only defense of race baiting and division are merely frowned upon in disgust. The wall will be funded in short order. The children in our schools will start taking pride in our country again. The economy will continue to grow and the focus will begin to move toward spectacular new infrastructure and the rebuilding the U.S.A. Victory in 2020 will be assured and will begin a time to cement in the movement back to this this country's foundation that will hold for generations to come!

Yes, I see a good story developing in this book... :)

BTW, You can vote twice in the poll...

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The vaunted "Blue Wave" will be a trickle. Knowing what would happen with Democrats in power positions in the House, Republicans will get out and vote. Those newly registered young leftists will fail to make it to the polls. The Republicans gain in the Senate and barely hold the House. Nancy Pelosi will have to eat crow again and maybe, just maybe, her time as a Democrat leader will be over this time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope as well they'll have the rude awakening. I think they've failed greatly in even coming close to understanding how to be a credible opposition and to gain respect from the people. It seems the ONLY plank in their platform is to resist and the voice of the people always has been shut up and get down to business. They never really did. I like the term law of diminishing returns meaning it's beneficial to put energy into something to a degree but when you go to the extremes it's counter productive. I'm thinking that's exactly what the dems have done to themselves. Their actions while zealous ARE counter productive. If they gave some allowances to Trump and would have worked with him on issues the people might consider that at least their being half way reasonable. Right now they're the unreasonable party and I hope and trust that's how they're viewed. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should stop making predictions. Many will remember I was wrong in 2016. (I did have a great primary prediction record until Super Tuesday.)

Anyway, it's irresistible for me so here goes...

I think the Republicans gain 1 or 2 seats in the Senate.
    I think the Republicans lose seats in the House but maintain a very slim majority. They might lose 20-25 seats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, 2016 was an unprecedented election, Trump turned everything upside down and it remains that way to this day.

I don't know, now the Republicans are the ones early voting throughout the country, that used to be a Democrat thing. I do think it's breaking hard to the GOP in MN and AZ in particular, and I have the most seats in the House the Ds can flip at around 15, not enough, no how.

And the Senate . . . I know how jacked the hurricanes have made the turnout in the panhandle, but, going by early votes again, Scott will flip that one, and the turnout in Hamilton county (IN) is way off the charts, bye bye Donnely, Tester is up in the wind in MT, can't tell yet, Heidi and Claire are both dead in the water, Manchin and Heller will win by all indications, that idiot woman in AZ will lose to the vet, Cruz will cruise, and now some guy in Michigan told me that John James will have the big upset and get rid of that Debbie woman there. I still think perv Menendez will win again and even Ohio is within striking range to upset Sherrod Brown but it's a longshot.

So I guess that's a GOP Senate gain of four or more and they keep the House with a very slim MAJORITY. The coming days after the election will be very interesting . . .

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats will be decrying the deplorables, bible clingers and gun toters once again.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You underestimated Trump and the effect of immigration on the election in 2016. It's a huge issue again and Trump knows it. Apparently the left still haven't gotten the word. I agree with you assessment, but the House worries me. Too many gerrymandered districts.

8. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, I'll play this game.

We've got Democrats losing Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana, and West Virginia. There might be some election shenanigans and cheating which might pull out a win for Democrats in a couple of these states.

In Texas, Beto will lose by 10 points causing liberals to scratch their head and say, "But the polls said we were close."

Through voter intimidation Democrats will gain large numbers of seats in Congress in Democrat states. Republicans will probably but not definitely control the house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And back to blaming the Russians!!

10. elder_jeffery_endicott

blue wave is cancelled in favor of red tsunami. reps close but not quite to 60 in senate, holding Arizona, Nevada and of course Texas and Tennessee and flipping Florida, West Virginia, Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota, Montana with outside chances in New Jersey, Michigan and the special election in Minnesota . if they get all those that is the magic number of 60. the house likely gains for reps

11. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that confident in WV and MT, but the redistricting in PA will add a few seats alone to the House for the Democrats.

I think at one time, they could have won both, but then Kavanugh and the caravan happened. The immigration issue lost the House and the Senate for GWB but could win it for Trump. Most Americans are tired of open borders and their disastrous results.

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NJ will never flip. WV will never flip. MT is lost. Indiana will get rid of the nasty Donnelly at long last--people who knew him when he was young say that he was nasty as a kid.

The Senate will be GOP 55 to 45 Dems. The House will be 219 GOP to 216 Dems. A Democrat win of any kind would touch off an economic slowdown.

13. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    E6660414-BB2C-4EA2-8862-B9196201A1C5.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Blue Wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1764FDA8-5AA0-4591-A9D6-95D81543E810.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw all three of those movies. Guardians was about how Hollywood and West Hollywood and Berkeley wanted to abolish ICE for breaking up so much sex trafficking. Panic in DC was about the US Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers, the Business Roundtable, the Association of Country Clubs and the Democrats wanted cheap labor, easy votes, and welfare projects for displaced and unemployed blacks. Fisagate was about how Mueller and the FBI and the FISA judges sold out to the Dems because they thought that Hillary was smart??? At the theater where I attended this triple feature from Cape Cod, Babs Streisand came out and explained that she had gotten so fat because the election of Trump caused her to eat big stacks of pancakes to ward off the depression that afflicted her in her Malibu mansion.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Advice to all of them: Buy a puppy, find a safe room. Don't watch CNN.

20. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think there's a poor chance of the right losing the House. - In a worst case scenario.

I think there's a great chance that we will do fine tomorrow. - In other words, hang on to the House and Senate.

More exciting though:

I think there's a good chance that we will do great tomorrow! - Even beyond most people's expectations.

Why? The mood:

I don't think the left is charged up for this vote. They seem too quiet... Probably don't feel like casting a losing vote - again. They are having their doubts. I just don't see them having the heart for this fight.

I think the base on the right is super charged up to start with. + Many on the right that could not bring themself to vote for Trump and his agenda have changed their mind and accepted him. + Some on the left have switched over. People are getting excited about the possibilities. People see what he's done and how hard he is working for them and feel obligated to help him out, reward him.

#20 Benjamin, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1