1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Now I’m really ticked, they want to vax the little ones!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. We are seeing a lot of hospitalizations with delta varient in kids now, and it looks like it is more deadly in children than the initial virus.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Experts Amend Petition To Halt Approval of COVID-19 Vaccines - UncoverDC

Unprecedented. This word has defined so much about 2020 and the pandemic related to SARS-CoV-2. In addition to an unprecedented disease and its global response, COVID-19 also initiated an unprecedented process of vaccine research, production, testing, and public distribution.

The confluence of these unprecedented events has rapidly brought to public awareness the promise and potential of mRNA vaccines as a new weapon against infectious diseases into the future. At the same time, events without precedent are, by definition, without a history and context against which to fully assess risks, hoped-for benefits, safety, and long-term viability as a positive contribution to public health.

Development of mRNA vaccines against infectious disease is unprecedented in many ways. In a 2018 publicationsponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, vaccines were divided into three categories: Simple, Complex, and Unprecedented. Simple and Complex vaccines represented standard and modified applications of existing vaccine technologies. Unprecedented represents a category of vaccine against a disease for which there has never before been a suitable vaccine. As the authors bluntly put it, there is a “low probability of success, especially for unprecedented vaccines.”

With that in mind, two years later, we have an unprecedented vaccine with reports of 90-95% efficacy. In fact, these reports of efficacy are the primary motivation behind public support of vaccination adoption (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2020). This defies not only predictions but also expectations. The British Medical Journal (BMJ) may be the only prominent conventional medical publication that has given a platform to voices calling attention to concerns around the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines. There are indeed reasons to believe that estimations of efficacy are in need of re-evaluation.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The porch lights on at the CDC, but there ain't nobody home.

My children won't be taking experimental medicines for a virus with a 99.998% survival rate for those in the 0-18 Bracket.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Very believable. Hospitals are increadingly becoming crowded with covid positive children. At least 4 have died.

To chalk up the lives of these children as meaningless because we do not want to believe it is shameful. It is believable and sad.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    44F1F20A-3517-4A5E-8F53-D68739A9E91F.gif

My reaction to Jon trying to push my buttons, as he admitted to doing to Reynolds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many you reckon the vax will kill?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been assimilated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish I could say mine either, but mine are grown, & it’s my 4 grandkids I’m worried about. The mom’s are libs. I’m praying the dad’s may not want to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel ya. Can't imagine what I would do if my kids married libs. I honestly can't stand leftist liberals. I can tolerate classical type libs to a degree, but a very small one.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it is like it is with adults, far less than the virus kills. But I do not know which vaccines will be approved for those under 12 either.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Odd....I was thinking the same of you and @Wingman68 .

That said, you are wrong. The reason is I do not trust the pro-vax "experts" or the conspiracy theorist anti-vax "experts".

I base my decisions regarding the vaccine on what I see and experience (not propaganda from either side).

I am neither pro-vax or anti-vax. I see it for what it is - an option to be evaluated.

To claim those who are vaccinated are assimilated is asinine. Apparently you do not understand what "assimilated" means.

The pro-vax crowd and the snti-vax crowd are assimilated. They believe onny the conclusions tht come from their camp..

I have shared a lot of what I have witnessed in the CSRA. I have seen people die of COVID (young and old), hospitals limit procedures because of the increase in children struggling with the delta varient, young people having strokes after covid, young people in and out of the hospital struggling with organ damage from mild cases of covid, sections infected with covid where only the unvaccinated became sick and went to the ICU, over a dozen who got the delta varient with all of the unvacvinated having severe cases (1 died@l and all of the vaccinated having mild cold-like symptoms.

I'm sure if I had your experience of actually seeing people die in your area of the vaccine then I may have decided not to get vaccinated. But here it was opposite.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I am not pushing your buttons.

@Reynolds is someone I consider a friend even though he and I disagree here....(I have interacted with him for some time now and respect him. ..plus he gave me advise on fishing @ Clarks Hill.

I really do jot know you, and have not interacted enough to intentionally try to "push your buttons".

Given the increase in serious cases of the Ddelta varient among non-vaccinated people, the fact that children seem susceptible to this varient and have increasingly been hospitalized (some have died), and school is starting soon.....I am glad to see a move towards vaccinating children against COVID.

I am not asking you to agree. Just stating a fact.

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the lawsuit claiming vaccine Injury Reporting System is being rigged is true, the vax is killing more than the virus.

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hang on here. I am not against anyone getting vaxed. I am against requirements to get vaxed and discrimination based on the vax status.
    Yes, my neighbors 38 year old son died of the vax. I went to his funeral.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honestly, I knew you were kidding. I didn't take it wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then it is false. Thus far the death rate for vaccinated people is effectively 0.0% (0.001 nation wide). Post-vaccine deaths NOT taking out the elderly and preexisting conditions are also under .0018%.

At the same time Covid cases have risen 70%. A little over 94% of covid deaths are among the imunvacvinated (nation wide).

You are far more likely to die of covid than you ate yo even have moderate side-effects from the vaccine.