1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Now this is depressing

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Walguy

Walguy Member

Not really, it says a lot about the kind of president, and person, Barack Obama has demonstrated himself to be. You really think this Chicago machine politician who sat in America hater Wright's church for 20 years and has spent the last 2 years insulting and demonizing the entire Republican party is suddenly going to modify himself and his methods? Unlike Bill Clinton, I don't think Obama is capable of it. As I say, it's who he has demonstrated himself to be over and over for as long as he has been in the national eye. It's not merely 'perception' if it's the obvious and amply proven truth.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama really doesn't need much to stop the GOP. Pens used to veto are pretty easy to come by.

Of course, nothing is going to pass the Senate that isn't bipartisan, so Obama probably won't have to veto much.

#3 StefanM, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  4. targus

targus New Member

I expect Obama to simply start doing what he wants by executive order since he can no longer count on a Democrat controlled Congress to do his dirty work.