1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama’s fourth war intensifying

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by targus, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even a broken clock is right twice and day and the zero is right here.

So typical of him that he does not follow the law, even when he knows it.

More of his arrogance on display.

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I believe those 2007 opinions are currently inoperative.

3. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

And the action in Yemen is not in contradiction to any other this. Congress has already given authorization for the action in Yemen in the 01 bill starting the war on terror.

4. mandym

mandym New Member

No they didnt but even Obama is not claiming this. His claim is the UN said so.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

6. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Yemen is an extension of the war on terror which Congress clearly authorized in '01.

As to Obama's reasons for involvement in Yemen, this is what he has said:
    "“Going forward we will continue to strengthen our cooperation with the Yemeni government to disrupt plotting by Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and to destroy this Al-Qaeda affiliate. We’ll also continue our efforts to strengthen a more stable, secure and prosperous Yemen so that terrorists groups do not have the time and space they need to plan attacks from within its borders.”

Or more quotes from top Obama officials. Not to mention that al Qaeda in Yemen has long been a target for anti-terrorism since they were found to be responsible for the USS Cole bombing. I can find no reasonable basis for disputing that the action in Yemen is merely an extension of the War on Terror which the '01 act clearly gives a blanket authorization for.

And I can find no place where he claims we are there because of the UN. I would be interested in any quotes or citations to that effect.

7. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

What? I have been gone a week and no one has taken the time to even attempt to negate even one of my arguments?

Let me summarize for you in case you have lost track:
    1. False assertion: Many more in uniform have died under Obama than under Bush.
    Truth: Deaths under Bush were 4 times greater than so far under Obama.

2. False assertion: The war in Yemen is illegal.
    Truth: The action in Yemen is primarily in reaction to al Qaeda's actions and growing strength there. Such actions against terrorism were given blanket authorization in 01 by Congress.

3. Misleading assertion: The action in Yemen and deaths in Afghanistan show hypocrisy on the part of Obama and liberals who were before "anti-war".
    More accurately: The outcry in the past 8 years has, with rare exceptions, been directed almost exclusively towards the war in Iraq. Rarely do you find statements by liberals against prosecuting the "war or terror" or the action in Afghanistan. Certainly you don't find Obama taking such a position. In fact, one of his campaign statements was that he would put *more* troops in Afghanistan. Clearly such a position is not "anti-war" nor contradictory to his current action in Yemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.