1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama’s Science Czar Said a Born Baby ‘Will Ultimately Develop Into a Human Being’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

targus, assuming that context is correct (which it appears to be), I tend to concur with the OP view on the topic.

Although, I gotta admit, I've met a few folks who should not be allowed to breed. If anyone would like to go back in time and sterilize OctoMom, I'd gladly pull the handle on the time machine :applause:

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Baptist Board's finest has spoken. :thumbs::thumbs:
    And many times the infamous should be left unspoken.

#22 Palatka51, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  3. targus

targus New Member

Then you are just off topic - because that is not what Holdren was talking about.

Holdren was not talking about "social, moral, or ethical maturity".

Holdren was talking about population control.

The easiest way to be rid of someone is to first dehumanize them. Think Jewish holocaust, unviable tissue mass, vegetable (when referring to the elderly), etc.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were talking about the forestry professor's comment. I would need to see the entire context of Holdren's comment ... probably have to read the entire book to really gain an accurate understanding of what he is saying.

I do believe that China's one child policy is wrong. Not only is it morally wrong, but has resulted in all kinds of social problems they did not anticipate ... and the are only at the tip of the ice berg on those problems as they will grow much larger.

5. RAdam

RAdam New Member

To say that a child isn't morally mature while an adult is, well that's just plain wrong. I know children much more morally mature than some adults I know. If God has worked in the heart of that child and hasn't in the heart of that adult, that child is going to be far more morally mature than that adult.

It's just more of society reducing the value of children, which saddens me greatly. When asked who was greatest in the kingdom, Jesus sat a child in the midst of the disciples. How shocking that must have been for them! Man seems to have this idea that the child isn't as good as an adult - that child isn't as mature, hasn't experienced the full spectrum of life, etc. The truth is, in many ways those children are superior to us adults. When I was a little child I was a far better disciple of Jesus Christ than when I was a teenager and a college student/young college graduate.

Our society is also reducing the value of the elderly. Those poor folks are going to be last in line for everything from here on out, and it is a shame. I pray the churches have enough sense to value the elderly.

To those that argue against the depravity of the human mind, I offer this as further evidence.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Gives me a chance to make my pet peeve even if it is off topic. Instead of Baptist Churches "tearing down their barns and building bigger ones" they should cooperate and build assisted living facilities, even nursing homes, for the indigent elderly. In the town where I live there is a Lutheran assisted care facility and there are far fewer Lutheran Churches in SC than Baptist.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Maybe reading Malthus would provide some needed context into what Holdren is/was saying. Apparently Holdren is an admirer of Malthus.

"All the children who are born, beyond what would be required to keep up the population to a desired level, must necessarily perish, unless room be made for them by the death of grown persons...if we dread the too frequent visitation of the horrid form of famine, we should sedulously encourage the other forms of destruction, which we compel nature to use...and court the return of the plague." Thomas Malthus "An Essay on the Principle of Population"

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Your friend needs to realize that words mean things. You can't say what he did without people--who understand life has inherent value because God says it does--getting upset.