1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama and Moses

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Found this on an Email sent to me?

Barak Obama’s journey to the Holy Land hardly resembles the trek of Moses through the wilderness. Nonetheless, his flee from accountability does remind of that often professed transparency. In this case, he cannot hide from his misdeeds. An open question remains, will public outrages banish the POTUS under the weight of his transgressions. Alternatively, will the powers of Pharaoh succeed in suppressing his enemies?
    "Who made you a ruler and judge over us? Do you mean to kill me as you killed the Egyptian?" Then Moses was afraid and thought, "Surely the thing is known." (NRSV Exodus  2:14)

Not sure what to make of it?

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And will a burning Bush result in somebody's shoes coming off?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which American president who visited Israel can be compared to Moses?

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Exodus 2 NRSV
    Moses Flees to Midian

11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to his people and saw their forced labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his kinsfolk. 12 He looked this way and that, and seeing no one he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. 13 When he went out the next day, he saw two Hebrews fighting; and he said to the one who was in the wrong, “Why do you strike your fellow Hebrew?” 14 He answered, “Who made you a ruler and judge over us? Do you mean to kill me as you killed the Egyptian?” Then Moses was afraid and thought, “Surely the thing is known.” 15 When Pharaoh heard of it, he sought to kill Moses.

But Moses fled from Pharaoh. He settled in the land of Midian, and sat down by a well.​

Moses fled from his accountability. Obama cannot. He cannot bury his deeds in the sand to be hidden from public view.

Will public outrage, expressed through the Congress, hold him accountable or will the powers* behind him suppress his opposition?

*powers = mainstream media, unions, GE and the like.

FWIW, that's the way I "read" it.