1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama, Biden Congratulate Palin

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Aug 29, 2008.

1. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

August 29, 2008 7:02 PM

At Pennsylvania Biodiesel Inc. in Monaca, Penn., this afternoon, Sens. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, and Joe Biden, D-Del., congratulated Gov. Sarah Palin, the new running mate of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"I haven't met her before," Obama said. "She seems like a compelling person ... with a terrific personal story. I'm sure that she will help make the case for Republicans.

"Unfortunately the case is more of the same, and so ultimately John McCain is at the top of the ticket," Obama said. "He wants to take the country in the wrong direction, I'm assuming Gov. Palin agrees with him and his policies. But the fact that she ... will soon be nominated ... is one more indicator of this country moving forward ... one more hit against that glass ceiling. I congratulate her and look forward to a vigorous debate."

Added Biden, "I'm looking forward to meeting her."

Then this afternoon, from his campaign bus, Obama called Palin. Per Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs, Obama told her she would be a terrific candidate and that he looked forward to seeing her on the campaign trail. He also wished her good luck -- but not too much luck.

- jpt

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/08/obama-biden-con.html

Nice tone did anyone notice there was no congratulations from Mitt Romney , I think Pawlenty congratulated her at the state fair.

Apparently McCain just made his decision yesterday and even had Pawlenty up to Dayton, I think McCain has only met Palin twice before and talked very little, I guess it is time they get to know each other a little better, I really believe McCain in his heart of hearts wanted Joe Lieberman but caved to the Right Wing Religious base.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Interesting that they congratulate them while their surrogates personally attack her :laugh:

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not doubting you but could you provide some links?

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But you do notice the Obama camp has been quite since that initial response. They have a very busy weekend ahead of them. They need all new adds before the convention next week... :BangHead: