1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama busted in another lie

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .......On Aug. 21, after Obama gave a radio talk insisting it was “not true” the health care plan would allow federal funding of abortion, FactCheck.org concluded, “Despite what Obama said, the House bill would allow abortions to be covered by a federal plan and by federally subsidized private plans.”

Nothing had changed by Sept. 9, when Obama reiterated his claim to the joint session of Congress.

In an interview last week, I read to Stupak the exact words Obama said that night about abortion funding. Stupak told me that when he got Obama on the phone, he had read those very words to Obama himself.

Obama responded to Stupak—a former police officer—that when he said these words he was not talking about the actual health care plan developed by the House, he was talking about his own plan—a plan that has never been written.

“I called him,” Stupak told me. “I called the president—had a discussion with the president. And I read exactly what you just said. And he said: What it says is ‘under my plan’—meaning the president’s plan. And I said: With all due respect, sir, you do not have a plan. The only plan we have out is the House plan. So, I don’t know if it is a game of semantics or what.”.....

More Here