1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Care - Not everyone is unhappy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone is unhappy!

[​IMG]

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I can see the concerns both sides of the debate have. The one thing I do love about Obamacare is that it did away with the "preexisting illness" crutch insurance companies abused to not pay for services rendered, thereby passing the costs onto the consumer.

I have worked in the medical field for over 13 years, and I see the abuse of people's insurance. Doing a urineanalysis on people who have shortness of breath, chest pain, shoulderpain, etc, is a waste of funds. Girls come into the ER only to get a free preg test instead of having to buy one OTC, and the ER runs the gambit on them. It's things like this that I think Obamacare is attempting to address. It may, or may not, be the answer, but something has to be done before both the patients and ER/hospitals/clinics flatline all healthcare providers.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's one down. Only 330,000,000 more to go.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Except the 9 Million who have lost their insurance.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

True, MANY illegals from Mexico agree with you....especially the pregnant ones!

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Wow! One whole happy person! I was told about people who were forced to take Obamacare and had their present insurance canceled against their will. Obamacare costs them a LOT more than their other insurance.

My present insurance costs me just over $200 a month, and Obamacare (from what I was told) would cost me about 40% of my monthly retirement (a LOT more than $200). There is absolutely NO way I could afford that--except by giving up food or by moving into a cardboard box as my home.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    47% of the uninsured do not like it.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You can always find someone who benefits from "well intentioned" but poorly engineered policies. This usually indicates that there was some agenda.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I think most, even like me, who are strongly conservative in politics, would find some agreement is expanding some type of access to healthcare for most if not all individuals. The proposal of the Affordable Care Act, I have to question, if it really had that in mind. If "sweeping" legislation for 1/6 of the overall economy was so simple, why not amend the policies of private insurers by legislating "no more previous existing conditions" limitations. Allow for complete portability of insurance (something I am sure the states would agree on) Tax credits for the most financial needy in each state. Expansion of county health clinics for primary care of the un or underinsured. So many other less "volatile" ways that I believe even MORE could have been accomplished.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be wrong, but I think far too many politicians fear they would not be given large donations by insurance companies, through PACs, if they acted logically as you suggest.

11. Archie the Preacher

No, not really...

No, Crabtown, as I recall, the bill was passed by a Democrat controlled House and a Democrat controlled Senate blindly obeying the dictates of a Democrat President.

There wasn't much 'thinking' involved on the part of the members of Congress who voted for it.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have to pass the bill before we can find out what is in the Bill." ~Nancey Pelosi

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

I saw a video of her comment on FNC yesterday. She actually said, "We have to pass the bill so that you can see what's in the bill."

Shoulda been a clue right there. They knew what was in the bill, and were out to shaft the American people and particularly the insurance industry from the start.