1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Doesn't Lie

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 18, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/17/AR2009091703329_pf.html

Does He Lie?
    By Charles Krauthammer
    Friday, September 18, 2009

You lie? No. Barack Obama doesn't lie. He's too subtle for that. He . . . well, you judge.

SNIP
    Obama said he would largely solve the insoluble cost problem of Obamacare by eliminating "hundreds of billions of dollars in waste and fraud" from Medicare.

That's not a lie. That's not even deception. That's just an insult to our intelligence.

SNIP

Slickness wasn't fatal to "Slick Willie" Clinton because he possessed a winning, nearly irresistible charm.

Obama's persona is more cool, distant, imperial. The charming scoundrel can get away with endless deception; the righteous redeemer cannot.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Charles Krauthammer is one of the most perceptive writers of the day.

3. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Tooting my own horn here...

I absolutely LOVE the fact that he pointed out that since there are laws stating that it's illegal to enter the US without a visa that there would be zero illegal aliens according to BHO's logic as I've been making the same arguement since the speech. :)

Nice article, THANK YOU!