1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Edges the US Closer to Doomsday??

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

People wonder why the US, with all it's Christian people, is not mentioned in the Bible at the end times. Without getting into the 'US was started as a Christian Nation', or the 'Dispensational view', or the' Rapture', it makes a lot of sense that since the Bible does say that 'all nations' come against Christ in the end times that the U.S. will be a secular entity regardless of how we feel about our country or how much we try to make it a 'Christian' country. All we can do is try to bring to the Lord all we can. The end, as shown in the Bible, will happen no matter what anyone says. God WILL prevail. End of story. (How does that go?) .....and they lived happily ever after. The End.:godisgood:

2. alatide

alatide New Member

I believe the topic was our president's ability to respond to a crisis. You conveniently changed the topic. Did Bush respond appropriately on 9/11? Do you really believe Obama would do nothing if we had another attack? I believe Obama would have been much more effective as a leader on 9/11 than Bush was.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Does your conscience bother you when you knowingly engage in lying behavior? Or does it give you some sort of thrill?

Oh, I almost forgot:

This off-topic Bush Bash #4,656 was brought to you by the Americans for Barack Obama Magnification In Nationwide Approaches/Totally Indoctrinated Obamandroid Network. (A.B.O.M.I.N.A.T.I.O.N.)

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Umm...Are you seriously lecturing someone about staying on topic?

Isn't that like going to a parenting seminar, hosted by Britney Spears?
    Or attending a Marilyn Manson hymn sing?
    Or going to a Promisekeepers rally, hosted by Barney Frank?

5. alatide

alatide New Member

I agree with you on this but it doesn't begin at the End Times. The United States and all the other nations of the world are secular entities. The Kingdom of God began 2000 years ago. My primary citizenship is with the Kingdom of God not the Kingdom of America.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Quit feeding the troll.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Anyone who posts "Retired Pastor, author of two books, named in numerous Who's Who in America and the World" this in their biography is so full of themselves it it doubtful that they would understand the truth, let alone tell it!

Also, anyone so conceited as this would surely have their picture on the front of the book, or at least the jacket.

#47 Robert Snow, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and amen. :godisgood:

9. alatide

alatide New Member

Where is the lie? Can't you have a reasonable conversation about the facts? Based on what I've seen the answer is no.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

If you think that it is "reasonable" to accuse our former president of masterminding the mass murder of American citizens...then you are either (a) Clinically insane; (b) suffering from some form of dementia; or (c) under the influence of some powerful hallucinogens.

Was that clear enough for you, or do I need to type more slowly?

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Really? Then why are you so obsessed with the politics of the "kingdom of America"? That's ALL you ever post about.

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jealousy is Still a SIN

No photo, I needed the extra space to share my conceited self accomplishments with the world. Like you say, I am very full of my accomplishments. In fact I may be a borderline: Narcissist?

But, what does that make you my brother. The Bible speaks clearly to those who harbor "envy" within their heart over what another brother or sister has accomplished.

Because I didn't write my cover info [my publisher's publicity department did] am I forgiven for being filled with such personal prestige being plastered all over the covers of my books?

I hope so, because I forgive you for you sin of "envy."

Pastor Paul:type:

13. alatide

alatide New Member

So you don't believe what Jesus said in the Lord's Prayer about "Thy Kingdom come on Earth as it is in Heaven?" I'm not obsessed about the "kingdom of America. I'm obsessed about the Kingdom of God. The Christian Right has been claiming that they are one and the same but the Biblical view is that America is only one of the fallen kingdoms of this world.