1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obamacare Spawning 'Medical Homelessness' Crisis

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    California Obamacare enrollees are struggling to find doctors who accept their newly purchased health insurance plans.

UCSF Dr. Kevin Grumbach calls the phenomenon "medical homelessness."

CBS San Francisco says that many of the health care clinics for low-income individuals that helped people enroll in Obamacare are now seeing those same people "coming back to the clinic begging for help."

"They're coming back to us now and saying, 'I can't find a doctor,'" Rotacare clinic staffer Mirella Nguyen told CBS San Francisco. "What good is coverage if you can't use it?"

The problem stems from Obamacare's "narrow networks" – extreme restrictions on access to doctors and hospitals in an effort to cut costs.

California single mother of two Thinn Ong experienced the pain of Obamacare's narrow networks when she realized that her $200-a-month Obamacare plan is not accepted by many of the doctors in her area.

"Yeah, I sign it. I got it. But where's my doctor? Who's my doctor? I don't know," said a frustrated Ong.

CBS San Francisco reports that "Experts said the magnitude of the problem is growing, and will soon be felt by all Californians."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...bamacare-Spawning-Medical-Homelessness-Crisis