1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Aug 15, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I said months ago that I believed that if it were proven that Obama was an illegitimate it would cause a race war in the country. However, if, as DeMar indicates, there is something in Obama's birth certificate that indicates some ties to Islam they should be made known. I know there are some on this Forum who are very trusting of Islam. I am not one of them.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama may very well be legitimate. The problem is one does not spend all that money on lawyers trying to hide information when you are.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Qualifications for office must first be proven by those aspiring thereto.

4. alatide

alatide New Member

Correct. They were. It makes no sense to drag this on and on and on.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Amazing you even need to say that.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Correct. Since Hawaii has certified President Obama's birth certificate, it's a done deal.

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

But that doesn't mean we have lost the country.

8. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Hence my states overwhelming amount of illegal aliens.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He did, to the satisfaction of the election committee. It is not a requirement to prove it to birthers.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Correct, you didn't loose the country to a foreigner. Now you're getting the spirit. Obama is a citizen.

11. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

No, no ,no no, no ,no.
    First of all, don't even THINK about me being a birther. That's just another one of your assumptions.
    Second of all, I couldn't care less if is Obama is a citizen or an alien, since our PROVEN citizens have been @#$%^&* us anyway.....He is, just as far as I am concerned, another politician who cares nothing about me, you, any one else, or this country. As a politician, all he cares about is what he can get out of it.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What exactly does he get out of health care reform? He has a great plan free for life.

13. OldRegular

I am going to repeat part of the OP to get this thread back on track. I assumed that those enthralled by Obama could read past the title but apparently they could not.:BangHead: This thread is not about whether Obama is a legal citizen. It is about where his loyalties are; the United States or Islam?

Remarks by Gary DeMar from the OP:

"Whether Barack Obama was born in the United States is important, but even more important is for him to demonstrate his constitutional loyalty to a nation built on Christian principles. Thomas Jefferson said it well enough: No nation has ever existed or been governed without religion. Nor can be. The Christian religion is the best religion that has been given to man and I, as Chief Magistrate of this nation, am bound to give it the sanction of my example.

President Obama has been apologizing for America in every foreign country he visits, and he does it publicly. But it’s in Muslim’s nations that he has denigrated and dismissed America’s Christian heritage most forcefully. For several years, first as a Senator and now as President, Mr. Obama has repeatedly claimed that America is not a Christian nation. On a recent presidential trip to the Muslim nation of Turkey he announced to the world that Americans “do not consider ourselves a Christian nation.” Did he ask American Christians? During a trip to the Muslim nation of Egypt, he declared that America is “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” The Muslim population in the United States is less than one percent while the Christian population is nearly 60 percent. What’s going on here?

Obama is a Muslim sympathizer. It's possible that if his birth certificate is released, it might reveal a Muslim connection.

I don’t know about you, but I’m a little put off by all of this and even a little frightened. The Muslim world, even if it’s only a minority of a billion radical Muslims, is terrifying. World domination is their goal, and there is no reason why we should be helping them to achieve it. So what do we do about it? While we put pressure on this administration any way we can to stop its tyrannical policies, we need to alert more Americans about President Obama’s Muslim sympathies and refute his rejection of America’s Christian history."

14. OldRegular

LB
    His health plan has nothing to do with his sympathy for Islam other than Marxism and Islam are both dictatorships. So get back on topic.

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Somebody dropped the ball in vetting him.... or passed it off. Maybe the unusual recording of alien births by declaration, wasn't known to those who accepted the short form.

It may be that we have had no formal process recognized for vetting candidates beyond the local levels and balloting processes ....or that some of the processes simply accept a person's own 'affadivat' that information is correct.... accepted unless someone else brings up cause to challenge.

The House considered the issue of McCains birth. Wonder why Obama's wasn't considered there?

I believe that is where the issue should have been examined and settled ....before or during the election..... It's a bit late once the camel's in the tent. But, because the issue hasn't been settled and Obama has barred discovery (which builds distrust), some of us cannot help but wonder about his loyalties.... when we see no encouragement of it in the way he's increasing his spending, and the messages he gives to the rest of the world and how he presents and characterizes our people, our nation, and our heritage, and, with him going out of the way to keep documents sealed.... makes him appear more susspect.

Is it possible the man is an imposter.... and the people in our nation have been conned?

16. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

(1)Good question. You tell me. What are his bona fides for medical health care?
    (2) For free? Does this mean you will not be paying for it?

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I stand corrected, he has a great public option for life.

In my view, he is doing this for the nation since he and his are covered. The insurance companies sure aren't kicking him loot since he is working to have them compete against the government. Then again, he did just step back from the public option... One of those things that makes you go HHhhmm??

18. OldRegular

LB

The above would be laughable were it not so tragic. His plan for LIFE! How can you speak of LIFE in the same breath as this rabid abortionist? May God have mercy on you!

Anyhow you are still trying to hijack this thread. We are supposed to be discussing the long form of Obama's birth certificate and the possible implications of the information on it regarding possible ties to Islam.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What is there to discuss about Obama BC? The state of HI certified he is a US citizen. If you believe the constitution endorses states rights then that is the end of the story. You do recall that 10th amendment that keeps being brought up around here?

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are in favor of the right of a State or Commonwealth to secede?

And I know what you have said about he SCOUS - the ? is should a State or Commonwealth have the right to secede based on the 10th amendment

Not off topic - the principal is the same.