1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's commitment to his own ethics questioned

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    A syndicated writer who heads a conservative African-American think tank in Washington is criticizing President Obama for making exceptions to his ethics policy and is accusing the commander-in-chief of "undermining" Israel's security and valuing the lives of terrorists more than he does unborn children.

Mychal Massie (Project 21)Conservative commentator Mychal Massie is giving Barack Obama anything but a positive job evaluation for his early days in office. He says the president has already broken promises by tossing aside his ethics code when he appointed a Treasury Secretary who failed to pay his taxes and hired known lobbyists even though he swore he would not let that happen during his administration.

More Here

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Thank God for people who are still thinking and talking!

This is not all.
    Obama promises to open the FOIA, but will not reveal his own records or disclose the multiple aka's he's used, his passport and declaration of nationality..... when he traveled to nations during times when Americans were not admitted.... or school transcripts or methods of financing his education, or his birth certificate which authentiques a live birth within one of the states of the USA.

Thank God it is as I heard another say recently: Obama has no power of his own...... he would do well to remember and honor that any power he has is on loan from God.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, why make a rule only to turn around and ask for an exception?

Seems we'd be better off without the rule.

4. targus

targus New Member

Does anyone know if Obama granted himself a waiver from the Equal Pay Legislation that he just signed?

As I recall he paid the women on his campaign staff 30% less than the men.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

As a consummate liberal, Obama can not be expected to reason like a believer would. And yes I recognize many that name the name of Jesus, behave in like manner, so........Oh...never mind....

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes, indeed. Let's not have rules to be ethical. If we are going to be unethical, let's just do it.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Was it 30%? I didn't think it was that high of a difference and I thought I read somewhere that the reason it appeared this way was because his had more male paid staffers especially at the top end.