1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Depression?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 20, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Are you talking about that republican president who stood by while the Great Depression overtook the country? Do you mean that failed administration that needed the democratic president FDR to help bring the country back to prosperity?

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

His poll and attempt to be better at posting and more Christ-like was posted after his post in this thread.

I believe you should offer an apology since he has made the attempt to change his posting ways.

I believe you really should look at date and time of things before jumping to conclusions.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's Agree on That???

If you are being 100 hundred percent honest JC, than the media was wrong yesterday when they gave the credit for that huge rally to Obama's choice of Tim Geithner for Secretary of the Treasury.....RIGHT???:wavey:

Can hardly wait to read your answer....especially if you have turned the corner and made the changes you said you made.

I am praying for you brother, I really am. I was happy to see you made this positive change.:saint:

Pastor Paul:type:

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Bless your little pea pikin heart Jamie it was not me who said: Suppose I started a thread entitled "Old Regulars illegitimate child?". It was BB or JC as he now wants to be called.

Bless your little pea pikin heart again Jamie it was not me who said: No answer as usual. Just another hateful response. It was BB or JC as he now wants to be called.

5. OldRegular

For your information the depression continued until FDR started preparations for WWII.

That Republican president was unable to do anything because he had a democrat Congress.

I forgot momentarily. Roosevelt burned food during the depression while people were going hungry.

#65 OldRegular, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The topic is the coming depression not murdering 50 million babies. Why don't you start another threead on that?

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

BOTH of those statements were made before he posted the other topic in which he said he would like to change the ways he posts and reacts.

Again, they were posted BEFORE he came to that decision. Since then I can't see where he has been rude or mean spirited in this thread. Do you?

Can you forgive him and move on? Can you offer your hand in an apology and move forward in good decent discussions?

Thanks,

8. OldRegular

Because a depression may be God's way of judging this nation for the murder of 50 million unborn children.:tear: Obama and his policies may be the instrument by which God brings that judgment.:BangHead:

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Come on. We've and and will continue to have days like Friday. We had one day in which the Dow went up by 900 points. These are simple minor up days in a long downward trend. The direction is DOWN just like in the 1930's. We will continue to have occasional up days. This crisis happened on Bush's watch. Will he ever take responsibility for anything? I don't think so but soon (Thank God) that won't matter.

10. OldRegular

Was Clinton responsible for the dot com bubble burst in 2000 and the recession that followed? Did he take credit for it?