1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's foxnews interview

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can be seen here http://www.foxnews.com/

Obama states that he thought since Wright was retiring that this issue would basically go away since Wright would no longer be his pastor.

Ok, but what about the new pastor. What is his views about Wright's hate speech? Would he be willing to be interviewed and denounce Wright's behavior?

I hope the new pastor is not in any of those videos whooping and cheering at Wright's hate sermons.

I think that if Obama wants us to all let this go with the retirement of Wright then the new pastor should step up and declare there will be no more hate speech coming from the pulpit of this church.

Also, it would be beneficial for Obama's campaign to do some research and find some sermons where Wright preaches love towards all races regardless of their differences. Surely Wright has some very postitive, pro-love one another sermons for sale as well since what is being played is said to be only a negative snippit of the heart of the true man.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad that Senator Obama went on Fox News - bearding the lion in its own den, so to speak.

I wonder if Senator McCain will ever step up to the plate and renounce and repudiate the endorsements of the likes of John Hagee and his hate speech, instead of clinging to his endorsement while mildly saying that he disagrees with some of Pastor Hagee's views? And I wonder if Senator McCain would be willing to go on MSNBC to do so?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama's unwillingness to respect the flag and our pledge of allegance, his wifes comments recently al fit in with his former pastors views. His denouncement is still quite suspect.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I think it’s over for Obama… I watched the interview he’s finished!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what your political views are but the idea you put forth is nothing more than wishful thinking on the right-wing's part. :)

#7 KenH, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never happened. It is urban legend just like the junk going around claiming that Senator Obama is a Muslim.

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I deplore Hagee's abhorrent eschatology, but it's still unfounded that he's something other than a rather irrelevant, Jabba the Hut look-alike.

Obama made his faith an issue. This is a man holding a positionin his campaign and was his pastoor. Hagee is not McCain's minister nor an advisor.

Obama's explanations look befuddled. He's clearly caught in the cogs of the Clinton machine. His prized "judgement" is taking water over the side.

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It sure did look befuffled. For the first time I saw him look like he was confused and really did not know what to say. Clearly he realizes this could have a huge impact on his campaign despite Ken's assurances that it won't :)

11. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

The problem is that there are only a few of the MSM making a story out of this. Can you imagine if John McCain were a graduate of Bob Jones or Liberty University? You could bet your bottom dollar that it would be major news on every network and every major newspaper for the rest of the campaign.
    There is no way that anyone will get me to believe that Obama was unaware of his pastors racist views and for him to attend for 20 years he was a votary and devoted admirer. And he is a liar.
    A while ago I said that I would never vote for McCain. After seeing the disgusting things going on in the Democrat party I firmly believe that this party is unworthy to take part in our government. McCain looks better and better to me every day.

#11 Ps104_33, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2008
  12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it. I doubt that you can.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Well, if you can't get him one way, you will try another. :BangHead:

The only think suspect is how you manage to pastor a church when you, yourself spew such a lack of compassion toward another brother in Christ here on the BB.

I guess if Obama magically became a republican, it would all be alright in your eyes.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not any more on either count. Yet Senator McCain is still tied at the hip to John Hagee and Rod Parsley.

15. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

You can say this all you want but it does not make it true. Neither are McCains pastor for 20 years nor a political advisor.

Wright was both for Obama and it matters not that he stepped down.

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You wish!

I support Obama fully, as do many of my co-workers and many in my family. No one I know, outside of those here at the BB, have much concern over Obama's church.

I don't know a single Obama supporter who has switched because of this incident. I know I look forward to Obama being our 44th president! :thumbs:

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is still over five weeks until the Pennsylvania primary. This is basically be forgotten by then - except for right-wingers who wouldn't vot for Senator Obama anyway.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. :thumbs:

19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Note how many people who accepted Romeny's stance that he would not allow his Mormonism affect his presidency now refuse to believe Obama.

The only word that fits is HYPOCRITE!

It sure will be good to finally get rid of the republican gestapo regime we have endured for the past seven plus years. :applause:

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it does - to everyone except right-wingers who would never vote for Senator Obama anyway.