1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obey Father and Mother even when they are wrong

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Nimrod, Jan 2, 2003.

1. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Also Ed, not trying to be an "I told you so", but I would like to make sure that you did see the part where I point out that Paul preached the "Gospel of Jesus Christ", seeing how you accuse Protestants of inventing this. This is clearly biblical.

Okay, I am done for now. See you tomorrow in here. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Neal

P.S. May I have the first name of your wife so that I can pray for her by name? (You were the one who said your wife was sick, weren't you?) You can PM me if you want. I just feel better praying for people by name.

2. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Brother Ed,

I want to make sure that you see the answer to this because you made a misleading statement. First off, since it was His gospel, why would He refer to it as the "gospel of Jesus Christ". There are plenty of times He made it clear as to what He was doing here, seeking and saving the lost. Also, you insinuate that Protestants came up with the idea of "the Gospel of Jesus Christ". To address that I have listed some verses below where Paul refers to the "Gospel of Christ" or some derivative. So as you see, it is not a Protestant invention, but rather a Biblical concept. Unless of course, you want to accuse Paul of preaching a different gospel than Christ.

I replied with:

Respectfully,
    Neal

3. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

Brother Neal --

The point I was trying to make with my comment about the Protestant Reformation making up "the Gospel of Jesus Christ" was really to point out that there had been the preaching of the Gospel for 1500 years, in both the Catholic West and the Orthodox East.

What the Reformers came up with was DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT. I would say, therefore, that St. Paul would probably not have recognized it in full as being the one and same message of "Good News" which he preached.

My wife's name is Karen. I thank you for your prayers. But pray for me also. I am getting frazzled around the edges trying to take care of her needs (she is on oxygen 24/7 and pretty immobile for the most part) and still make a living and tend to all the other demands of life. The only way I do it is that I simply do not waste my time with that brain dead medium called "TV".

Brother Ed

4. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

No problem Ed, my pleasure. I will remember you as well.

You do well to avoid that! I am working my way off of it more and more, hopefully for good before long!

Neal

[ January 18, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: neal4christ ]