1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obey the entire Bible or pick and choose

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by David Cooke Jr, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Golden Eagle

Golden Eagle Guest

The NT believer is not under the OT Law (the Mosaic Law) ... none of it. The Law existed as a whole. To be under part of it is to be under all of it. Paul condemns those who would place people under part of it. That is what the whole book of Galatians is about. Some aspects of the Law are based outside the Law. They have continuing relevance as is evidenced by their expression or grounding outside the Law. For instance, murder is condemned outside the Law and capital punishment for murder is substantiated outside the Law (Gen 9). Therefore, murder is a continuing provision for the Law. Homosexuality is condemned outside the Law (Rom 1; 1 Cor 6; Gal 5). Therefore, homosexuality is still a sin against God.

The principles are found by realizing the distinction between the Law and law, by recognizing those things which have bases or expressions outside the Law, and by seeing what the NT says about role of the Law in the NT era. These principles will prevent the abuse or misapplication of the Law.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

2. Golden Eagle

Golden Eagle Guest

I just wanted to say to Pastor Larry I agree we are not under the law.

3. David Cooke Jr

David Cooke Jr New Member

The results of this poll have been pretty surprising (It's been awhile since I could look at it b/c I'm in the middle of a murder trial).
    I was especially surprised at the "legalistic" answers to some Q's, contrasted to the more liberal responses on other Q's (like Q's 9 and 11). I was shocked that a full 25% questioned whether or not homosexual acts are a sin (note I did not say "deny", just "questioned..."). There must be alot more lurkers than I thought.