1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OEC vs. YEC Debate Proposal

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jason Gastrich, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Jason Gastrich

Jason Gastrich New Member

Hi BB,

I'm a YEC and I believe the scriptures teach us the Earth was created in 6 literal days. I also believe that they teach that the Earth is young (e.g. less than 12,000 years old). I'm looking to debate an OEC that believes the scriptures teach that the Earth is old.

Now, science is a different issue. I'm not as interested in discussing what Christian science or even current, secular science says about the age of the Earth; although I could. I'm primarily interested in what the scriptures say and how an OEC could support his/her argument with the Bible.

I'm open to discussing debate parameters. I suggest a 7 round debate with no more than 5,000 words per post and no more than 10 days between posts.

If you wish to read my debate resume/profile, please go here: http://debates.jcsm.org

Do I have any takers? If you're interested, please either post or email/PM me your bio, educational background, and debate history. That's all I ask.

God bless,
    Jason Gastrich