1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Off to the races!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KeeperOfMyHome, Mar 12, 2004.

1. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

I'll be seein' y'all later this weekend! Our family is off to Atlanta Motor Speedway for qualifying, practice, and tomorrow, the truck race! [​IMG] Can't wait to see those trucks racin'!

Julia

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy howdy and pass the chewin tobacco! Have fun - a friend called that race track "redneck heaven". And he's from Savannah!

3. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Honey, don't you know it! If anybody ever wanted to study redneck culture, that is the place to go!

I have never been to another speedway during a race, so I don't know have anything to compare it to. I've always wondered if other racing venues were the same way. Certainly they couldn't be any worse! :D

We read in the paper that the two races that come to AMS each year generate over $4 million dollars in revenue for the area. I wondered aloud to my husband how much of that was in beer sales!

Anyway, did anybody watch the truck race on FOX Saturday? It was a really good race! Especially when it came down to the checkered flag!

Julia

4. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Did someone mention "truck racing"? SIGN ME UP!!!!!!

Anyone know a way to get April here sooner then it will be? My cousin races trucks here at a local track and their first race is April 3rd with a show starting at 2:00pm.

On the card as the headliners are the big bad boys of the Late Models. Support classes are the Pro Trucks, Sportsman (formerly Super Stocks), (Super Stocks (formerly Pro Stocks) and and the wild and crazy Trains.

All in all, it looks like it will be a very exciting day/night of local short track racing action.

Now if we can just get to that day.

Jim

5. Glory Bound

Glory Bound New Member

I've been going to a couple of Cup races for the last few years. Lowe's Motor Speedway (Charlotte) and Martinsville. This year I'm restricting myself to Martinsville April 18. It's a nice facility and the ticket prices for the best seats are less that $75.

I agree about the beer - but I prefer that over the cigarettes. Well, that is as long as they don't spill the beer ON me! On the other hand, some of the fans are hilarious when they get drunk! [​IMG]