1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Offer for Missionaries

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by kubel, Sep 18, 2005.

1. kubel

kubel New Member

My friend and I were discussing the possibility of working together to sponsor a missionary by building and hosting a completely free professional web site for them. It would include the following completely free:

.org Domain Name
    Web Design
    Web Hosting
    Updates (as often as you wish)
    Regular Site Maintenance
    Email Accounts ([email protected]) for you and your family members and others involved in your ministry
    Email Mailing Lists

There are no strings attached as far as cost. We just want to build a nice site for Christ’s work. We will host your site completely free as long as the Lord allows us to.

The site will, for the most part, be in English. Its’ primary purpose is to inform people of your work and keep churches informed of updates through the web. We can publish your prayer letters, photo galleries, news and updates, information about your field, etc... Just about anything you want to be put on the web relating to your work can be done. Between myself and Ross (my friend), we can only speak English (and a little German, and a little French). So if you want certain pages of your site to be in the language of your field, just email us what you want put on those pages- and we can do that, no problem. Just remember we aren’t good translators ;) .

We do have some requirements:

You and your sending church should be fundamental and Baptistic in beliefs and you must be a full time missionary. This offer is only for those that aren't experienced in web building and who don’t already have a web site. You must have access to an email account on the field (so we can get updates and communicate about site design). You should send us pictures of your work on the field via email (so we can create a nice informative site) so a digital camera or scanner is a plus. You should also be willing to send us updates once in a while so we can update the site (prayer letter, updated news and photos, etc..).

It will take us about a week or two (perhaps more or less depending on the free-time we have and the complexity of the site) for development and getting everything in order.

If you think you can use the site, post below. First come, first serve. For now, we are only offering to sponsor one missionary, but we might do more in the future.

Jeff B.
    [email protected]
    South Side Baptist Tabernacle, Ypsilanti, MI

Larry D.
    [email protected]
    New Fellowship Baptist Church, Troy, MO

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great offer! Trust you get some takers. You might try contacting mission agencies that might tell of your kind offer - don't know how many sites you want to set up - that might inundate you :)

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wish I had known about this before I set mine up ;) .

What a blessing. Setting up a site is a lot of work, especially for those who don't know what they are doing.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I wish I knew before I did mine as well. Thanks guys for being a blessing to some missionoary. Its wonderful that you are useing your talents to furhter the glory of God.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Jeff and Larry,

I would like to take you up on your offer. I will PM my details and you can decide if we are good candidates or not. If not, no hurt feelings.

6. kubel

kubel New Member

Sure will. [​IMG]

For now, the offer is taken by Mexdeaf, missionary to the deaf in Mexico. Please pray God will in some way bless Bro. Jim and his work through this web site.

If the Lord gives us the time and resources in the next few weeks to host another missionary, we certainly will.

Just take a number.

Now serving # 1.
    [​IMG]

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I am honored and grateful to be chosen. Let me know what you need from me and when you need it, and will get on it ASAP.

8. kubel

kubel New Member

I sent you an email regarding Deaf4Christ.org (whether you wanted to keep that or use another).

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Kubel,

I did not receive the message, but we have been having some server problems here in Mexico. I sent you a new PM with my other addresses. Deaf4Christ is fine.

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Lord Bless the giver and the reciever.

11. kubel

kubel New Member

Just a few updates,

Below is a link to the template I'm working on tonight/this morning. The site doesn't work (as far as links and whatnot), but you can get an idea of what it's looking like. There are other templates that we are working on too. Just replace zeta in this link with any other greek letter. Alpha through Zeta are all variations of the same theme. But Zeta so far is my favorite [​IMG] .

http://www.deaf4christ.org/zeta/

12. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Jeff and Larry.

I'm new to the BB, and Wayne (El_Guerro) mentioned your offer here to me. I notice that Mexdeaf has taken you up on it. Good for him and God bless him!

If you decide to do another, may I take the #2 ticket please? We have been Fundamental, independent Baptist missionaries to Japan since 1981, and I don't know at all how to set up a website, so I guess I qualify!

If you can't handle another (you did say just one for now), no problem at all, I understand. It is entirely generous of you to do Mexdeaf's website for him, and God will reward you for that. God will provide another way for us in His timing.

God bless.

John of Japan

13. kubel

kubel New Member

John of Japan,

We would be glad to do another site once we are finished with MexDeafs' (probably one more week).

If you want email me some information about your ministry (name, location, sending church, info about your field, contact info) and some digital photos of your field and you and your family--- we can get a head start. The more photos, the better [​IMG] . Also, pick a domain name (whateveryouwant.org), and if it's available- I'll register it.

You can email me at [email protected]

~Jeff

14. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful, Jeff. [​IMG]

I appreciate your ministry in this, and I'll sure look forward to the experience. My son will love it, and my wife is saying, "Why do we need one?" Women! [​IMG]

I'll be working on the content and getting back with you.

God bless.

John of Japan

15. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Dear KUBEL,
    This looks like the beginning of a ministry for you and your friend.God bless you and your work.

16. Brice

Brice New Member

Kubel,

Great job using a gift that God gave you to glorify him. We need more folks like you and your friend. God Bless and good luck.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

From experience I can tell you that this is a MUCH NEEDED ministry. Thanks for your work!

18. kubel

kubel New Member

Thanks guys.

If anyone already has a web site for their ministry but just needs ad-free web hosting, please ask. I would love to help. Just fill out the form at http://www.minihost.org or email me at [email protected].

I can get you cPanel access (packed with every feature imaginable- email accounts, databases, fantastico...) with no ads for free. If you want, you can supply your own domain name and use our nameservers, or you can use a you.minihost.org domain name.

The only catch is you have to be a fundamental baptist ministry (I don't want to support false religions), and you have to USE the web space. I would rather upgrade your account because you need more disk space or bandwidth than have to shut it down because there's nothing on it.

Please pray that the company that manages our server doesn't increase their charge for our account. Right after Ross signed up, ownership changed, and they have bumped up the price for reseller WHM accounts by almost 700%. Hopefully ours doesn't get bumped up next billing cycle.

The only thing I can't offer for free all the time are domain names since they cost about $9 each per year. Ross is still in High School, and I'm unemployed trying to finish up college.

If I can get the word out and find a job to pay for this, I would love to see this ministry grow.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks,

I paid for three years of hosting, and got a good rate, but may take you up on it.